King of the Hill, Payload and You!

Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
209
King of the Hill
The King of the Hill server is in desperate need of the Rock the Vote feature as well as shorter map rounds. Currently I believe the map round is set at three hours, holdover from it being the 24/7 ToyFort server where every three hours it would be used to scramble teams. On a rotation based server this is absolutely maddening, because the rounds take about ten minutes and doing the same thing for 50+ rounds is ridiculous.

Payload Server
We need to bring the Payload server back. Aside from very early in the morning, Payload was always full. I'd routinely wait twenty minutes just for a spot in that server. When empty, I'd join and within fifteen minutes I'd have twenty+ people in the server. The fact that we have THREE 2Fort servers (Two Instant Spawn and One Regular Spawn) is absurd, the second Instant Spawn is rarely ever full and is just a wasted server, switch it to Payload, please, the regulars miss it.

You!
Forgive me, I couldn't figure out a witty way to end this. :)
 
You!
Forgive me, I couldn't figure out a witty way to end this. :)

Very witty ending i thought. I support the call for the return of PL, partly because i'm not that keen on the new KoTH mode (that's not to say it's not good, just i don't enjoy playing it) but mostly because i love PL maps.
please bring them back :)
 
I've had many pubs asking me when the PL server is coming back.
 
I would like KOTH more if every time I played it on our server it wasn't stuck on viaduct for 3 hours. viaduct is good, but 3 hours of anything is annoying after a while.
 
I agree think one of the three 2fort severs should become the new PL maps server!
 
I agree think one of the three 2fort severs should become the new PL maps server!

If it does, should be one of the 2 instant respawns imo. Otherwise we would have only instant respawn 2fort, and people like me who play reg would be lost! Plus it is always full...2fort reg that is.
 
Gazing into the early morning mist, hummingbirds flowing past my eyes; green and red flashes of iridescence, encapsulating my vision. Flowers enticing with promises of nectar, an allure that can...oh wait, what? that's not what I...oh yeah, KOTH is fail. PL is win.
 
I agree with both points. PL was a great server to play on and the time I've spent on the KOTH server has made it clear it needs RTV and/or 60 minute timelimits like the PL server had.
 
Last edited:
2fort is our most popular map, and since we want to have high server ratings, we have 3 2forts. I agree, we need a PL map rotation, PL is just too fun to not have. :D
 
I've even had to resort to playing in non-eGO servers simply because I'm addicted to payload. For shame.

Also, note that since Gravelpit was changed to include some sort of magical abilities or something, nobody goes there anymore. Maybe change it back?

Basically the two servers I use have been killed off and maimed, respectively.
 
If it does, should be one of the 2 instant respawns imo. Otherwise we would have only instant respawn 2fort, and people like me who play reg would be lost! Plus it is always full...2fort reg that is.

I definitely agree with you there, I am usually on 2fort reg right along with you and other regulars.
 
Hey everyone, Payload Rotation is back! Thanks for listening to us.
 
Back
Top