Backing up files

Champie

Poster
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
139
I am going to reformat my computer and i want to keep all of my TF2 stuff like all my personal records, maps, and wepons and that kind of stuff. I tryed to right click on TF2 in my games and backup files but i didnt have enough space. I was thinking could i just copy and paste my tf2 folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\*Steam Name*\team fortress 2) onto a flash drive. Could this possibly work? Cause i am all out of luck so far.
 
It could, upload anything you want to keep under history, and stuff, put it into the flash drive, do what you want to do, and then upload it back up.
 
I am going to reformat my computer and i want to keep all of my TF2 stuff like all my personal records, maps, and wepons and that kind of stuff. I tryed to right click on TF2 in my games and backup files but i didnt have enough space. I was thinking could i just copy and paste my tf2 folder (C:Program FilesSteamsteamapps*Steam Name*team fortress 2) onto a flash drive. Could this possibly work? Cause i am all out of luck so far.

yessir, but you will need a big flash drive xD

The same goes with a external HDD. Just back up your steam games by copying the files under steamapps.
 
It may be a pain; however, delete all your map files, keeping ones you like and don' think you'll be able to find again. Those take the most space.
 
Back
Top