Some hate it, some love it.
I belong to the latter group, and being an avid Payload Rotation player (until it was brought down for unknown reasons) it was a tease to have it implemented successfully and then torn down, likely due to whining.
Rest assured, those who dislike it and make their voice heard about the matter are the same people who make having a team scramble necessary. The simple truth is that some players are obsessed with their stats, and playing on a losing team just doesn't get them that extra rank higher on the scoreboard. Indeed, you only need to watch a match start to see this theory in effect. More than half the time, one team seems to have cooties (nobody will join it) while the other is always too full to join. This results in (other than a very stacked team) half of the players not even having joined by the time the round starts. When I see this occur, it is to me an easily recognized sign that the next round will be rather disappointing.
Personally, I always click the 'Random Team' button, which sticks me on whichever one has fewer players in most cases (the losing team most often). Otherwise, I'll join a losing team to help out if I see problems once the battle begins. I like even teams, and playing on a team which is winning too easily is just not a satisfying experience to me.
Now I'm not trying to put myself up on a pedestal or anything like that. I know there's others of you who are of a like mindset. On the flipside, I can't say that all eGO members (of any rank) are averse to team stacking, and some are rather guilty of it. Not to point any fingers or anything, as that's not the point of this thread.
The point of this thread is this; Having an automatic team scramble on every server is a necessary evil. Sure, it might not balance the team perfectly every single time, but at least it gives a fresh new start to things and hope renews in the previously hopeless losing team. I believe that overall, it will reduce the number of 'ragequits' and increase server activity on average because of this. You will indeed see plenty of whining and such, but remember who was doing the whining, then watch them play on a server and you'll see exactly why they don't like it; They are the reason we need team scramble.
I now request a civilized debate on the Automatic Team Scramble system which has been implemented on eGO servers in the past. Share your thoughts and point of view, but please, keep the tone of what you say to a friendly manner. I know this is a hot button for alot of people.
I belong to the latter group, and being an avid Payload Rotation player (until it was brought down for unknown reasons) it was a tease to have it implemented successfully and then torn down, likely due to whining.
Rest assured, those who dislike it and make their voice heard about the matter are the same people who make having a team scramble necessary. The simple truth is that some players are obsessed with their stats, and playing on a losing team just doesn't get them that extra rank higher on the scoreboard. Indeed, you only need to watch a match start to see this theory in effect. More than half the time, one team seems to have cooties (nobody will join it) while the other is always too full to join. This results in (other than a very stacked team) half of the players not even having joined by the time the round starts. When I see this occur, it is to me an easily recognized sign that the next round will be rather disappointing.
Personally, I always click the 'Random Team' button, which sticks me on whichever one has fewer players in most cases (the losing team most often). Otherwise, I'll join a losing team to help out if I see problems once the battle begins. I like even teams, and playing on a team which is winning too easily is just not a satisfying experience to me.
Now I'm not trying to put myself up on a pedestal or anything like that. I know there's others of you who are of a like mindset. On the flipside, I can't say that all eGO members (of any rank) are averse to team stacking, and some are rather guilty of it. Not to point any fingers or anything, as that's not the point of this thread.
The point of this thread is this; Having an automatic team scramble on every server is a necessary evil. Sure, it might not balance the team perfectly every single time, but at least it gives a fresh new start to things and hope renews in the previously hopeless losing team. I believe that overall, it will reduce the number of 'ragequits' and increase server activity on average because of this. You will indeed see plenty of whining and such, but remember who was doing the whining, then watch them play on a server and you'll see exactly why they don't like it; They are the reason we need team scramble.
I now request a civilized debate on the Automatic Team Scramble system which has been implemented on eGO servers in the past. Share your thoughts and point of view, but please, keep the tone of what you say to a friendly manner. I know this is a hot button for alot of people.











