very interesting thread guys! I'm a Kalt-aholic and feel I know very intimately about what Ronpaul is talking about. I can attest to an imbalance, but I haven't noticed Kalt being emptier than other servers, but then I don't try and get into the other servers that often. my two cent solution is just to maybe shave off that lost second or two of spawn time to give allies that time back. I imagine the real advantages to the axis comes from better cover and terrain. for instance coming up the axis second ladder leaves you much more exposed to being spotted and directly shot at by spawning nazis rather than that nice wall and boxes you get emerging from the allied second ladder, where you can watch the spawning allied from their flank, peering over the wall or listening to footsteps in the crunchy snow to make your move at a safe time.
But another point was brought up in this thread which I did want to discuss. My policy on kalt has always been to join the team with the least players. Simple. and later if the other team has a deficit of players and doesn't have the bridge I'll switch to that team. However if a team is down 2 or so players, but is still strong and holding the bridge and its own two flags i'll stay put. Recently an =e= (again remaining nameless) was up in arms after I told him I didn't think there was a need for me to switch to his team (axis naturally) who were down 2 players but had the bridge, and were in striking distance of winning. Personally I am constantly hitting TAB and checking the evenness of teams, and switch teams sometimes constantly. and hey, I prefer to be on the underdog team (what assault/support player doesn't relish the opportunity to flank those brave but foolish bridge defenders?) so I don't mind. i always felt balance was more about skill than numbers, and there's little need to abandon a team that's losing just because you have more bodies than the other team. That's how I feel, though clearly this =e= didn't agree with me. any other thoughts on this issue?