Guide Coverage Requests

firestrike24

Poster
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
169
Hi all, I'm busy writing a guide called 7 Habits of Highly Defective Players, you all also know that I wrote thirty-Six Rules, but I'll skip to my main point.

I intend to write a guide called Everything You Need To Know About TF2, in which I'll attempt to cover broadly loads of different concepts and will be used as a reference guide for new players.

As I always do before I write my guides, I'm here to ask for your help with a simple question that will help me cater to your needs.

What aspects of play would you like to see me cover in the guide? Feel free to give a whole list, I've got plenty of space in my guide.

Thanks
 
If you write this sort of guide I think it would be most helpful if you include more than just basic info. There are a million guides that give basic explanations of how to play classes.It would be good if you could go over each class and give more analysis instead of just listing weapons.

Example: When playing sniper try to charge your shots as little as possible so that you can have more vision of the surrounding area. Try to only zoom when you have pre-aimed without scope.
 
Well in most guides I see there aren't too many aspects covered on offensive engineering and PROPER medicing, as well as etiquette like asking for medics or taking healthpacks. If you can I'd like to see some of that. (Also if you want to spruce up your guide with some in-game photos let me know, I can add some similar to my Update Review http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96511 do not bump that thread D:)

Covering the different modes of play in a separate section would also be nice.
 
Location, Location, Location.

(not the so much the best hiding spots in every map, but the sort of general thing like setting up a sentry round a right hand corner so demo's and soldiers need to come out fully in front of the sentry in order to hit it, best physical approach to attack certain classes ie. keep a safe distance from pyros and the reverse of that, the most effective distance your class should be in order to make the most effective use of each of your weapons)
 
If you write this sort of guide I think it would be most helpful if you include more than just basic info. There are a million guides that give basic explanations of how to play classes.It would be good if you could go over each class and give more analysis instead of just listing weapons.

Example: When playing sniper try to charge your shots as little as possible so that you can have more vision of the surrounding area. Try to only zoom when you have pre-aimed without scope.

That is the one thing I would NEVER do in a guide =O

I make it a policy NOT to list weapons and NEVER to rate them against each other.

We're talking a full-scale encyclopaedia, it's not going to go class by class, but concept by concept.

Think along the lines of "When to pick a certain class", "Blockading", "Funnelling", "Sentry-Based Defense", "Team Composition" and all that
 
Teaching medics to survive. I see(for instance): Medic A ubers Demo B. They get into the CP, the medic runs and suicides and dies, instead of running back and healing the forefront back up.

PLEASE Teach how to do medic survival. All the bad medics hurt ;_;
 

Latest posts

Back
Top