- Joined
- Aug 21, 2009
- Messages
- 34
Ok brothers...(I'm new to the clan) let me preface my question with this comment. I am not a heavy gamer..the only games I really play are DOD (S) and other Source games, Battlefield 2, 2142 and maybee the new CoD....
I am a family man with a family of 5 so our budget is something we have to be aware of when making important decisions on a purchase such as this one. I have toiled over this decision for two weeks and purchase time is this Thursday when I get my bonus from my state job (a miracle in itself!) and one of the biggest things was the graphics..I'm going to get one of the two systems I'm pasting info about below and YES I know about Integrated graphics and my choice I to have make is one system is Intel Quad 2 Duo but with the Intel Intel? Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 (system has 220 watt power supply
) and the AMD X2 dual core which has 6 gig ram and the Radeon HD 3200 Hybrid graphics (which I have hear ALOT of good things about) this onboard chip would be able to play everything I play now probably on HIGH BUT if for some reason I needed more power I could stick a 512 Radeon 3400 series PCie 2x card to boots the power using the hybrid stuff (both discreet and IGP working together)..so maybe I've just convinced myself to go with the latter BUT WANT TO POSE THE SPECS OF THE TWO and see if you all agree. Please provide me feedback by Wednesday...ALSO PLEASE do not say you need to invest 300.00 more / build your own..etc I have already been made aware of this but need feedback on these two choices..... here is the info on each system... Thank you friends.
GATEWAY Model: DX4300-05 $429.99
?
? AMD dual-core technology
Enables you to work or play with multiple programs without impacting performance.
? 6GB DDR2 SDRAM memory
For multitasking power.
? SuperMulti DVD?RW/CD-RW drive
With double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL or DVD-R DL media. Supports DVD-RAM and Labelflash direct-disc labels using compatible Labelflash media.
? 512KB x 2 L2 cache memory for efficient system processing
AMD Balanced Smart Cache for a smooth multitasking and multithreaded experience.
? 640GB Serial ATA hard drive
Provides plenty of storage for your data.
? ATI RADEON HD 3200 hybrid graphics
With up to 512MB shared video memory and built-in HDMI port.
? Multi-in-1 digital media card reader
Supports CompactFlash Type I/II/Plus, Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard Plus, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick PRO Duo.
? Also supports SmartMedia, xD-Picture Card and Microdrive. Supports mini Secure Digital, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard (RS-MMC) and MultiMediaCard Mobile with optional adapter (not included).
? 1 IEEE 1394 port and 8 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
Both front and rear accessible for fast digital transfer and easy connection of peripherals.
? Built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet with RJ-45 connector
Along with a high-speed V.92 data/fax modem for easy Internet connections.
? Amplified stereo speakers
With support for high-definition audio (7.1-channel support) deliver crisp, clear sound.
? Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system
With Service Pack 1 (SP1) preinstalled for a stable operating platform.
Gateway - Desktop with Intel? Core?2 Quad Processor
Model: SX2800-01 | SKU: 9352336
COMES WITH
Gateway - 20" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HD Monitor
Model: HX2000 | SKU: 9350711 | Customer Rating:
THE WHOLE PACKAGE COMPUTER AND 20? MONITOR FOR $479.00
? Intel? Core?2 Quad processor Q8200
Features 4 processing cores, 1333MHz frontside bus, 4MB L2 cache and 2.33GHz processor speed per core.
? Four powerful processing cores
Let you get into gaming, communicating and running multiple applications simultaneously.
? 4GB DDR3 memory
For multitasking power.
? Multiformat DVD?RW/CD-RW drive
With double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL media; supports DVD-RAM; also supports Labelflash direct-disc labels using compatible Labelflash media.
? 640GB SATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
Offers spacious storage options and fast read/write times.
? Intel? Graphics Media Accelerator X4500
Delivers intense images with stunning detail.
? Multi-in-one digital media card reader
Supports Compact Flash Type I/II, Compact Flash +, Microdrive, MultiMediaCard, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick and Memory Stick PRO formats.
? IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 9 high-speed USB 2.0 ports (5 front)
For fast digital data transfer and easy peripheral connectivity
? Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
With RJ-45 connector and 56 Kbps modem for quick and easy wired Web connection.
? Amplified stereo speakers
With 6-channel high-definition audio create a lush soundscape.
? Built-in device holder
Provides a convenient place for your camera, MP3 player or camcorder.
? Photo frame button
Lets you turn your monitor (not included) into a slideshow of your favorite photos.
? Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition operating system
With Service Pack 1 (SP1) preinstalled provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.
I am a family man with a family of 5 so our budget is something we have to be aware of when making important decisions on a purchase such as this one. I have toiled over this decision for two weeks and purchase time is this Thursday when I get my bonus from my state job (a miracle in itself!) and one of the biggest things was the graphics..I'm going to get one of the two systems I'm pasting info about below and YES I know about Integrated graphics and my choice I to have make is one system is Intel Quad 2 Duo but with the Intel Intel? Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 (system has 220 watt power supply
) and the AMD X2 dual core which has 6 gig ram and the Radeon HD 3200 Hybrid graphics (which I have hear ALOT of good things about) this onboard chip would be able to play everything I play now probably on HIGH BUT if for some reason I needed more power I could stick a 512 Radeon 3400 series PCie 2x card to boots the power using the hybrid stuff (both discreet and IGP working together)..so maybe I've just convinced myself to go with the latter BUT WANT TO POSE THE SPECS OF THE TWO and see if you all agree. Please provide me feedback by Wednesday...ALSO PLEASE do not say you need to invest 300.00 more / build your own..etc I have already been made aware of this but need feedback on these two choices..... here is the info on each system... Thank you friends. GATEWAY Model: DX4300-05 $429.99
?
? AMD dual-core technology
Enables you to work or play with multiple programs without impacting performance.
? 6GB DDR2 SDRAM memory
For multitasking power.
? SuperMulti DVD?RW/CD-RW drive
With double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL or DVD-R DL media. Supports DVD-RAM and Labelflash direct-disc labels using compatible Labelflash media.
? 512KB x 2 L2 cache memory for efficient system processing
AMD Balanced Smart Cache for a smooth multitasking and multithreaded experience.
? 640GB Serial ATA hard drive
Provides plenty of storage for your data.
? ATI RADEON HD 3200 hybrid graphics
With up to 512MB shared video memory and built-in HDMI port.
? Multi-in-1 digital media card reader
Supports CompactFlash Type I/II/Plus, Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard Plus, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick PRO Duo.
? Also supports SmartMedia, xD-Picture Card and Microdrive. Supports mini Secure Digital, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard (RS-MMC) and MultiMediaCard Mobile with optional adapter (not included).
? 1 IEEE 1394 port and 8 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
Both front and rear accessible for fast digital transfer and easy connection of peripherals.
? Built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet with RJ-45 connector
Along with a high-speed V.92 data/fax modem for easy Internet connections.
? Amplified stereo speakers
With support for high-definition audio (7.1-channel support) deliver crisp, clear sound.
? Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system
With Service Pack 1 (SP1) preinstalled for a stable operating platform.
Gateway - Desktop with Intel? Core?2 Quad Processor
Model: SX2800-01 | SKU: 9352336
COMES WITH
Gateway - 20" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HD Monitor
Model: HX2000 | SKU: 9350711 | Customer Rating:
THE WHOLE PACKAGE COMPUTER AND 20? MONITOR FOR $479.00
? Intel? Core?2 Quad processor Q8200
Features 4 processing cores, 1333MHz frontside bus, 4MB L2 cache and 2.33GHz processor speed per core.
? Four powerful processing cores
Let you get into gaming, communicating and running multiple applications simultaneously.
? 4GB DDR3 memory
For multitasking power.
? Multiformat DVD?RW/CD-RW drive
With double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL media; supports DVD-RAM; also supports Labelflash direct-disc labels using compatible Labelflash media.
? 640GB SATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
Offers spacious storage options and fast read/write times.
? Intel? Graphics Media Accelerator X4500
Delivers intense images with stunning detail.
? Multi-in-one digital media card reader
Supports Compact Flash Type I/II, Compact Flash +, Microdrive, MultiMediaCard, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick and Memory Stick PRO formats.
? IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 9 high-speed USB 2.0 ports (5 front)
For fast digital data transfer and easy peripheral connectivity
? Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
With RJ-45 connector and 56 Kbps modem for quick and easy wired Web connection.
? Amplified stereo speakers
With 6-channel high-definition audio create a lush soundscape.
? Built-in device holder
Provides a convenient place for your camera, MP3 player or camcorder.
? Photo frame button
Lets you turn your monitor (not included) into a slideshow of your favorite photos.
? Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition operating system
With Service Pack 1 (SP1) preinstalled provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.
















