I really don't like the kill cam. I understand the reasons for people liking it -- the main reason being "I like to know who killed me and where I got killed so I can go and kill him". The problem with that is that they are thinking from the victim's perspective. If you are the killer, then you absolutely would not want the person to know where you are.
The argument that follows this is that the kill cam helps take care of campers. However, everyone knows the maps we play inside and out and if you die once, my guess is the majority of the time you know where the person was that killed you (even without the kill cam). If you are smart (and not unlucky) you really should not be killed at the same location more than twice (by then you should have figured it out).
The more important argument here is that the kill cam ruins a player's ability to get behind enemy lines and reek havoc on the enemy. It's immediately known where you are so it really limits that effectiveness.
Finally, the kill cam makes a camping spot effective for ~15 seconds, or until the person was killed respawns and announces via mic or text where so-and-so is camping. Most of the effective camping spots are based on the enemy half of the map and if you can get there without being seen, I think you deserve the credit in kills.
But with all this said, I can live with the kill cam, I'll just keep moving. One suggestion I have though is to try turning it off for events to see what the community thinks.
The argument that follows this is that the kill cam helps take care of campers. However, everyone knows the maps we play inside and out and if you die once, my guess is the majority of the time you know where the person was that killed you (even without the kill cam). If you are smart (and not unlucky) you really should not be killed at the same location more than twice (by then you should have figured it out).
The more important argument here is that the kill cam ruins a player's ability to get behind enemy lines and reek havoc on the enemy. It's immediately known where you are so it really limits that effectiveness.
Finally, the kill cam makes a camping spot effective for ~15 seconds, or until the person was killed respawns and announces via mic or text where so-and-so is camping. Most of the effective camping spots are based on the enemy half of the map and if you can get there without being seen, I think you deserve the credit in kills.
But with all this said, I can live with the kill cam, I'll just keep moving. One suggestion I have though is to try turning it off for events to see what the community thinks.






