Allods - game killed

Opeth!

Forum Fiend
Anyone else think this patch has killed the game? It now costs you more to play a "free to play game" (ie. the need to by charms and incense to do anything will cost you roughly $20 a month, and thats even before you think about runes and etc.

Time to go to WoW and EVE I suppose. Rather pay 15 a month for a polished MMO than 20 for one in beta.

GingaNinja

EGO Zealot
I held out on my skepticism on this patch, hoping it wouldn't be as bad as it sounded, thinking that this is what people do before every patch. But no. It is absolutely impossible to do anything without buying from the item shop. Even the new mounts are crap unless you decide to buy feed from the cash shop to improve them. If I had to pay for something, it would be to know what the Russian developers were thinking when they created this patch.

DeFy

EGO Addict
BTW: Lord of the Rings Online is going F2P this fall, I'm in the closed beta, I suggest you definitely sign up and give it a look, it's a LOT of fun.

Opeth!

Forum Fiend
I held out on my skepticism on this patch, hoping it wouldn't be as bad as it sounded, thinking that this is what people do before every patch. But no. It is absolutely impossible to do anything without buying from the item shop. Even the new mounts are crap unless you decide to buy feed from the cash shop to improve them. If I had to pay for something, it would be to know what the Russian developers were thinking when they created this patch.

I could care less about the mounts, what bugs me is.

As a 40, I have around 9-10 pieces of Epic gear. In order to just keep what I have, I need charms. 500 charms is about $18. If I PvP for 1 hour, I'll usually die about 10-20 times roughly. Then add the deaths I have for running instances on the heroics and let's say I die about 25 times a day. If I don't PvP it will be lower, but I'll still die 15-20 times a day. If I play for a month, (30*20) = 600 charms.

Now, before I even consider doing any of this, I need incense otherwise it's like I'm attacking with paper spit balls. That's a month's worth of incense for at least $5.

So pay $20-25 a month for a game in beta with bugs or $15 for a polished MMO with full support.

I love Allods, but they really blew it with this patch.

GingaNinja

EGO Zealot
I could care less about the mounts, what bugs me is.

As a 40, I have around 9-10 pieces of Epic gear. In order to just keep what I have, I need charms. 500 charms is about $18. If I PvP for 1 hour, I'll usually die about 10-20 times roughly. Then add the deaths I have for running instances on the heroics and let's say I die about 25 times a day. If I don't PvP it will be lower, but I'll still die 15-20 times a day. If I play for a month, (30*20) = 600 charms.

Now, before I even consider doing any of this, I need incense otherwise it's like I'm attacking with paper spit balls. That's a month's worth of incense for at least $5.

So pay $20-25 a month for a game in beta with bugs or $15 for a polished MMO with full support.

I love Allods, but they really blew it with this patch.
Yea obviously the new curse system and damage nerf are the big killers of the game but even if you could get past that (and if you were stupid enough to pay for the stuff) the game isn't even appealing anymore. The amount of exp required to just move up half a level is so ridiculous you just take a look at it and think of running around in circles before just exiting out of the game.

DeFy

EGO Addict
Yeah I think Allods was a really cool, somewhat original concept, but the developers really should've planned it out ahead of time. They just threw in patches whenever they wanted to, even though they said they'd really listen to the community, they completely ignored it, and before they ignored the NA community, they'd ignored the Russian community. They lost more than half of the Russian players earlier this year with the FoD introduction in Russia.

There are still tons of bugs in the game, many extremly frustrating (like when I can aggro a League Defender in AT from 50 yards but Imperial Warlords actually have to be attacked before they'll defend me? WTH!?!?) and shouldn't even be in the game. If they're still calling it an Open Beta there's no reason for it to rely solely on the CS to play it competitively, or really at all at lvl 40. I remember when OB first opened, the Imperial Police in the Nezebgrad wouldn't actually attack League players so we had lvl 15-18 Leagues killing all our 2-12's still in Nezeb just trying to level. I'm moving on to other games where my money's actually going to be well spent, or even just a f2p MMO. (LotrO soon)

BlackBird.

Poster Extraordinaire
hahaha:) I didnt even wanted to play the game without paying for it:) They really wasted it, probably they gonna have 100 players left or something. A bad move they made there.