Drunken_f00l chatlogs+more

Sigh, he really is keeping you people not knowing? here is a chat log.

1st log

Session Start: Wed Jul 07 23:14 2010
Session Ident: #SourceOp
14:31? ? ?-????????????-? ?
23:14? @Drunken_F00l: my statement is: :(
23:14? @Drunken_F00l: also I'm not that stressed out about it
23:14? @Drunken_F00l: if Valve wants to be retarded yet again
23:14? @Drunken_F00l: then let them
23:14? @Drunken_F00l: whatever.
23:14? Dark-Dragon: Drunken_F00l: tell us, did you do anything wrong? i mean like more than analyzing the drop times?
23:14? @Drunken_F00l: there was a leak
23:14? @Drunken_F00l: the drop times were leaked
23:15? RabidZombie: I guess by a Valve employee
23:15? @Drunken_F00l: yes
23:15? @Drunken_F00l: valve apparently thinks the leak is my problem
23:15? Nwks: wow, so much for "random chance"
23:15? @Drunken_F00l: yes
23:15? @Drunken_F00l: the random chance is all BS
23:15? @Drunken_F00l: the times were predetermined
23:16? jorgenson: hey DF if you had kept the times to yourself... you prob would not be banned
23:16? @Drunken_F00l: jorgenson: I wasn't the source, I had no control over that
23:16? Dragonshadow: Drunken_F00l: so they haven't said anything to you yet?
23:17? @Drunken_F00l: Dragonshadow: I called Robin. We talked about it.
23:18? Cyborgmatt: @Drunken_F00l: Dragonshadow: I called Robin. We talked about it.
23:18? Cyborgmatt: does that mean you agreed to the ban?
23:18? Cyborgmatt: or was it unexpected
23:18? @Drunken_F00l: I called him after I saw the ban
23:18? @Drunken_F00l: he wanted to talk earlier but I said I couldn't because I was busy at work
23:20? SonicXVe: are you involved in the other two people getting banned?
23:20? @Drunken_F00l: SonicXVe: no
23:21? Subaru: Drunken_F00l, did your api key get removed too, or is the website just being slow
23:21? @Drunken_F00l: Subaru: I don't know anything about that. My guess is it's being slow.
23:23? Kigabit: Drunken F00l, I assume they changed all the predetermined times after they found out they were leaked?
23:23? @Drunken_F00l: Kigabit: Yes, absolutely.
23:23? DSpawn: DF, so was it actually true that you got it by chance, or did you know almost for certain you where going to get it
23:23? @Drunken_F00l: DSpawn: I knew for certain when it dropped
23:23? Kigabit: Did you have to craft on the exact second it was supposed to drop?
23:24? @Drunken_F00l: Kigabit: The craft had to reach the crafting server at the exact second. First craft after the time was reached got the wrench.
23:24? ohyes: Did you actually know the exact times, DF?
23:24? @Drunken_F00l: yes
23:25? @Drunken_F00l: all of them
23:25? BatterieS: do you know the next time?
23:25? @Drunken_F00l: the times were changed
23:25? baronbeetle: so the times were down to the second, not minute?
23:25? @Drunken_F00l: baronbeetle: Yes
23:25? cvarley: Drunken_F00l, how many wrenches did you have? Just the one?
23:25? @Drunken_F00l: cvarley: You can only get one.
23:26? ohyes: So, DF, did you tell voidy and thomas?
23:26? @Drunken_F00l: ohyes: I don't know about these people. If they had the times, I don't know how.
23:27? DSpawn: are you the only person who knew the times or could someone else have found them, perhaps using the new/old api? or a different method?
23:27? @Drunken_F00l: DSpawn: Others had them.
23:30? unkz: Drunken_F00l: what about tf2items? you shut it down?
23:30? @Drunken_F00l: unkz: no
23:30? EwOkLuVeR69: f00l you should've crafted moer than once around taht time to not make it so obvious
23:31? @Drunken_F00l: EwOkLuVeR69: yes
23:31? Dist: Drunken_F00l if the ban wont be lifted, will you create a new steam account and buy a new copy of tf2?
23:31? @Drunken_F00l: Dist: I already have multiple accounts but I will miss my 6dig
23:31? DSpawn: DF - do you even care you dont have a wrench?
23:31? @Drunken_F00l: DSpawn: no
23:31? FannyPack: here's my question DF and I won't ask another one cause I know you're busy answering other questions. But do you suppose you'd be ousted if the whole forum didn't rage about it?
23:32? @Drunken_F00l: FannyPack: I have no way of knowing. The whole forum raging was inevitable anyways.
23:32? FireSlash: Drunken_F00l, is tf2items down due to load? Or did something happen there too?
23:32? @Drunken_F00l: FireSlash: Heavy load
23:32? Dark-Dragon: Drunken_F00l: you were piling up items for quite some time, did you know about how this event would work earlier?
23:33? @Drunken_F00l: Dark-Dragon: no i was saving metal for new hats
23:33? Totakeke7: Why'd you do it, DF?
23:33? @Drunken_F00l: Totakeke7: I wanted a wrench :3
23:33? netshroud: Drunken_F00l: is the VAC ban related to golden wrench frop, or not?
23:34? @Drunken_F00l: netshroud: The vac ban was because I had a script to craft as fast as possible before they removed the smelt metal blueprint and also because I used leaked times to get a wrench.
23:35? ohyes: lied, obviously.
23:35? @Drunken_F00l: ohyes: Yes, the TF2 team lied to you about how the wrench drop works
23:35? Sturmcock: DF, stop avoiding the question. How were the times leaked?
23:36? @Drunken_F00l: Sturmcock: By a person. Not anything in the binaries
23:36? Silv3r: Did someone from valve contact etc.
23:37? @Drunken_F00l: Silv3r: Robin emailed me and gave him his home phone number wanting to explain what was going to happen before it happened. I was too busy at work to call immediately.
23:37? Cyborgmatt: Drunken_F00l, was the drop time leak done on purpose or accidental?
23:37? @Drunken_F00l: Cyborgmatt: Not accidently
23:38? hobomania: Drunken_F00l, did you enjoy the GW whilst it lasted?
23:38? @Drunken_F00l: hobomania: I didn't even use it
23:40? Silv3r: You said you knew times?
23:40? Silv3r: But yesterday you said it was all random...
23:41? @Drunken_F00l: Silv3r: I was covering my ass. It didn't help.
23:42? RabidZombie: LunarPrince: He didn't use logic. He used insider information then a script.
23:43? @Drunken_F00l: RabidZombie: The script was first actually. It was only for uncrafting/recrafting metal. It's part of the reason for the ban.
23:43? Dark-Dragon: Drunken_F00l: give us robis number, come on you want to do it, dont you? :D
23:43? @Drunken_F00l: Dark-Dragon: That wouldn't be right
23:51? VoyagerI: They seriously banned you for speedcrafting?
23:51? @Drunken_F00l: VoyagerI: And for knowing the times
23:51? Eddie: Drunken_F00l got VAC-banned, his own fault.
23:51? @Drunken_F00l: Eddie: 100% agree
23:51? Userfz: Drunken_F00l... did the valve offered you to join them?
23:52? @Drunken_F00l: Userfz: No
23:52? ninja: hey fool, have you actually managed to talk to robin yet?
23:52? @Drunken_F00l: ninja: Yes, on the phone and on email
23:52? Silv3r: How speedcraft work anyway? Like what did you uncraft then? :/ Wouldn't you run out of items. Didn't they disable uncrafting metal?
23:52? @Drunken_F00l: Silv3r: I had a script to craft metals before they disabled it.
23:53? Nwks: Drunken_F00l: Is it possible to get the listing of the old times? Or will you post them somewhere? I'm just curious about the "timezone fairness".
23:53? @Drunken_F00l: Nwks: I am contemplating posting them
23:54? O_HAI_THER: Drunken_F00l: You should post the old times. Frankly, they deserve it for being lazy on the wrench dropping system.
23:54? @Drunken_F00l: O_HAI_THER: How about a video of me getting down to one of the times and then somebody in the server getting it.
23:54? @Drunken_F00l: counting down* that is
23:54? MaxOfS2D: Drunken_F00l: does the Valve staff know who's the leaker, and are they gonna fire him?
23:55? @Drunken_F00l: MaxOfS2D: They don't know and I have no intention of telling them who the leak is.
23:55? Destro: So is TF2items being shut down?
23:55? @Drunken_F00l: Destro: No, I answered this before.
23:55? EvilShadow777: Drunken_F00l, are the rumors true that you and Robin were dating at the park yesterday?
23:56? @Drunken_F00l: EvilShadow777: Who told you this
23:56? @Drunken_F00l: the times have changed but 74 was supposed to drop at Wed, 07 Jul 2010 21:58:37 GMT
23:58? Destro: So if you knew about the leak f00l then why didnt you warn Robin first?
23:58? @Drunken_F00l: Destro: I should have
23:58? HerpDerp: Just one question Drunken_F00l, all times were predetermined, so were all the people who guessed the times privvy to the leak? or had people actually reverse engineered the prng?
23:59? @Drunken_F00l: HerpDerp: There were some lucky people who guessed the right time once or twice but I have no idea who else had the official times.
23:59? @Drunken_F00l: 75 was supposed to be dropped 01h:56m:57s (7017 seconds) after 74
23:59? @Drunken_F00l: but like i said
23:59? @Drunken_F00l: they changed the times
23:59? qazqazqaz: Drunken_F00l, did you buy this leak? :D
23:59? @Drunken_F00l: qazqazqaz: No
00:00? Day changed to Thursday, July 8th 2010.
23:59? gngbng: did Drunken_F00l recieve a human-given vac ban
00:00? @Drunken_F00l: gngbng: Yes and not the first
00:00? obiwanek: Drunken_F00l: is there any chance that you can be unbanned?
00:00? @Drunken_F00l: obiwanek: Doubt it. Robin didn't even want to unban if I told him who the leak was.
00:01? VoyagerI: How mad was Robin?
00:01? @Drunken_F00l: VoyagerI: He sounded dissapointed and angry but his tone was calm.
00:02? @Drunken_F00l: I don't know who chrisFPS is or why people are calling him my friend
00:03? exi: Drunken_F00l: What will happen to tf2items.com???
00:03? @Drunken_F00l: exi: I've said a million times tf2items.com is staying up
00:03? Zmathue: Drunken_F00l: how did they found out about the leaked times? did it have anything to do with the thread where you agreed with Ranma's time?
00:03? @Drunken_F00l: Zmathue: Robin checked the audit logs and saw I had crafted 7 times near one of the drop times (even though some of those were after a drop, but whatever)
00:04? @Drunken_F00l: whoever was updating this post
00:04? obiwanek: Drunken_F00l: make a official post somewhere and defend urself
00:04? @Drunken_F00l: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15906388&postcount=1900
00:04? @Drunken_F00l: can you keep updating it
00:06? Beef-: Drunken_F00l: Why do you want retarded items that serve only an aesthetic purpose when you know valve are faggots and take items seriously?
00:06? @Drunken_F00l: Beef-: Their shine is intoxicating
00:09? jake^: Drunken_f00l: why couldnt you use your powers for good not evil
00:09? @Drunken_F00l: jake^: Evil would have been selling drop times to premium subscribers.

End of file

2nd log

6:43 PM - XXXXX: Getting lots of chatlogs
6:43 PM - XXXXX: Robin emailed DF his phone number to talk about it
6:43 PM - XXXXX: DF used a script to craft at the exact time of a drop
6:43 PM - XXXXX: He had the info due to a leak
6:43 PM - XXXXX: That's all I know
6:44 PM - XXXX XXX: heheheh
6:44 PM - XXXX XXX: using external programs again DF?
6:45 PM - XXXXX: He used a program that "uncrafted" metal before it could ping the steam cloud server. Thus creating infinate metal.
6:45 PM - XXXX XXX: wow
6:46 PM - XXXX XXX: are you on irc or somthing?
6:46 PM - XXXXX: No, THEY are on irc
6:46 PM - XXXX XXX: AH
6:47 PM - XXXXX: Pretty much the only way it can be described
6:55 PM - XXXXX: [18:53] <Nwks> Drunken_F00l: Is it possible to get the listing of the old times? Or will you post them somewhere? I'm just curious about the "timezone fairness".
[18:53] <Drunken_F00l> Nwks: I am contemplating posting them
6:55 PM - XXXXX: Shit just got real
6:56 PM - XXXX XXX: oh man dont show me that..... if i do somehow get it, i dont want to be put under possibly being vac bannec
7:03 PM - XXXX XXX: the next one should be out in 30 min to an hour
7:04 PM - XXXXX: ugh, great
7:04 PM - XXXX XXX: valve has been predictible on the 25,50 one
7:04 PM - XXXX XXX: i knew it was timed to begin with
7:11 PM - XXXX XXX: hmm anything new?
7:13 PM - XXXXX: Just that Robin is pissed, F00l offered to rat out the leaker, and that he was caught crafted 7 times during the very minute of one of the drops
7:13 PM - XXXX XXX: hmm
7:13 PM - XXXX XXX: how is robin there too?
7:13 PM - XXXX XXX: or is fool just saying what he is saying
7:14 PM - XXXXX: Robin talked to him on the phone
7:14 PM - XXXXX: Yes
7:14 PM - XXXX XXX: ah
7:15 PM - XXXX XXX: but dang robin talked to him in person tahts just as funny
7:15 PM - XXXX XXX: or well over phone, but still

Last edited:
Jeez, you guys are making a big deal out of nothing.

By the fact that it exists, that alone makes it something, because you cannot make something out of nothing without talking about physics and black holes and negative matter.

lol, leave it to Drunken. I don't think he deserves the VAC, but it doesn't really matter since he has so many alternate accounts, so *shrugs*

Actually, if he abused his speed crafting script to get x amount of metals, he does. Even without the wrench fiasco, that's already reason enough for a ban.

Yes, that's so garbage, I WANT A WRENCH RESET!!!

I've heard calls for a wrench reset, and I've heard calls for free items.

As the biggest QQer around here, let me say:

No.

Pre-picking random times is just as good a system as random die rolls at making a fair draw; it's just more planned than trying to pick a die-rolling system that completes 25 rounds in 24 hours. And despite what you may have heard, clustering up your crafts is just as likely to get a wrench as spreading them out. It's the nature of random draws...

...assuming nobody has privileged info.

Drunken had privileged info and used it. This is an abuse of the system. His wrench SHOULD be deleted and his account banned. Anyone else found to have used PRIVILEGED INFO should also be banned and have their wrench deleted.

However, I like the idea of a MISC slot watch, like the "5 year anniversary" watches, or a pin, to EVERYONE who crafted more than 5 items (or so) during the update. It would be in character, and it would salve the wounds of those who feel like they've crafted in vain. Make it a little bitty gold wrench pin :)

I've heard calls for a wrench reset, and I've heard calls for free items.

As the biggest QQer around here, let me say:

No.

Pre-picking random times is just as good a system as random die rolls at making a fair draw; it's just more planned than trying to pick a die-rolling system that completes 25 rounds in 24 hours. And despite what you may have heard, clustering up your crafts is just as likely to get a wrench as spreading them out. It's the nature of random draws...

...assuming nobody has privileged info.

Drunken had privileged info and used it. This is an abuse of the system. His wrench SHOULD be deleted and his account banned. Anyone else found to have used PRIVILEGED INFO should also be banned and have their wrench deleted.

However, I like the idea of a MISC slot watch, like the "5 year anniversary" watches, or a pin, to EVERYONE who crafted more than 5 items (or so) during the update. It would be in character, and it would salve the wounds of those who feel like they've crafted in vain. Make it a little bitty gold wrench pin :)

I was fine with limited numbers of items when they DIDN"T ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING, like the Soldier's metal.

Now we're talking about an ACTUAL WEAPON that ONLY 100 PEOPLE will ever get, based on not random, but PSEUDO-RANDOM TIMES.

That's the point I'm trying to make: pre-generated random times ARE STILL RANDOM. Assuming that NOBODY HAS THE LIST and NOBODY USES THE LIST FOR PRIVATE GAME, the system is JUST AS RANDOM as personalized die rolls. Adding to the randomness are packet transit times over the intertubes and server load, which all fudge times around. It's just as random, with the bonus that you can constrain 25 numbers within the timespan of 24 hours. You cannot do this fairly with die rolls. Every online contest with a end date uses random times.

Those who gamed the system or had access to time listings must be punished to the full extent, just for being asshats.

Also note that their servers run Windows or Linux. Both operating systems have a "random number generator" and both are PSEUDO-RANDOM, meaning that they look random but have a pattern. Note that I am using the real, honest to Saxton Hale, mathematical, scientific, and programmatic definition of PESUDO-RANDOM: a sequence of numbers which look random but which are programmatically generated.

We have a thread ON THIS FORUM which is an attempt to detect the pattern of real PSEUDO-RANDOM NUMBERS. This is an admission that nobody thought the system was TRULY RANDOM.

The bonus of random times over random rolls? A random roll system will use the computer's PSEUDO-RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR on each die roll, allowing gaming. A list of random times, however, can be generated from a TRULY RANDOM SOURCE, and therefore be MORE RANDOM than die rolls!

Watch: http://www.random.org/clock-times/?num=24&earliest=00:00&latest=23:59&interval=1&format=html&rnd=new

Explanation: http://www.random.org/randomness/

00:00ā€¦ obiwanek: Drunken_F00l: is there any chance that you can be unbanned?
00:00ā€¦ @Drunken_F00l: obiwanek: Doubt it. Robin didn't even want to unban if I told him who the leak was.

Good for them for not backing down on that

Well, all I have to say: Serves him right. He's created cheating programs and now is trying to get limited items by cheating. See what happens when you play unfair? NOTHING GOOD COMES OUT OF IT!

As AutoDMC says, the system is completely random given that no one knows the times. What are the odds of hitting craft in that precise second?
Others say that it should have been given to "Excellent Engineers" well this would take an awful amount of time, and there's a lot of perspective to what a "Good Engineer" is.
Only 100 will get, get valve to reset it and you'll get the very same chances of getting one you had at the beggining.

Sonata, your COMPLETELY wrong.

The chances would be MUCH HIGHER, as stated on other forums, about 50% of people who got their wrenches, had info on times from the list, or friends with lists.

Sonata, your COMPLETELY wrong.

The chances would be MUCH HIGHER, as stated on other forums, about 50% of people who got their wrenches, had info on times from the list, or friends with lists.

Ok, if what i said or AutoDMC said twice wasn't enough, i will repeat.
The system is completely random (And here comes the emphasis) IF AND ONLY IF NOBODY KNOW THE TIMES

Only 100 will get, get valve to reset it and you'll get the very same chances of getting one you had at the beggining.

if its reset, no one will know the times, as they knew it for the first 68 wrenchs.

I will say, that if no one knows the times, then yes, it is fair, but this is not my argument.

Back