Future SC2 and WOW forums use your real name!!

Beta

EGO Is My Life!
All the WoW fans will get over it when Blizzard gives you some epic mount for liking the idea

Boo-Yeah!!

Website Zealot
=(eGO)=
one of the moderators posted his name and to show blizzard how stupid this idea is the interwebs people already found his address phone number facebook page pictures family members etc etc..

Cut Chem!st

EGO Is My Life!
Well, it's only the forums at least. It doesn't affect me in the slightest, since I don't post in the blizzard forums because they are horrible.

teamliquid ftw.

Split

I need to go outside
wow, i cant post on forums because my account isn't active

Blizzard has taken "FAIL" to a whole new level.

Boo-Yeah!!

Website Zealot
=(eGO)=
Over 32000 posts already on the sticky post announcing this change and ive seen hundreds of posts of people saying they are cancelling their accounts and canceling the preorder of SC2.

Could this be the first nail in the coffin and the starting point for WoW's decline and death?

d10sfan

Poster
Wow, that would suck. Does Blizzard not know anything about privacy? Like Boo-Yeah said, you can find tons of stuff about someone by their name.

Cut Chem!st

EGO Is My Life!
Over 32000 posts already on the sticky post announcing this change and ive seen hundreds of posts of people saying they are cancelling their accounts and canceling the preorder of SC2.

Could this be the first nail in the coffin and the starting point for WoW's decline and death?
No, this forum change is hardly going to do anything to the subscriber base of WoW and I don't know any serious Starcraft player that is even contemplating canceling over a change in the forums.

Every time Blizzard makes a unpopular decision there are ton of "I'M CANCELING!" posts, but few actually honor them.

Rogue Sniper

EGO Is My Life!
=(eGO)=
Ill still keep my pre-order for SC2 but I wont be posting on the forums (Blizzard's) at all if this happens.

Im not gonna give people my first and last name over the internet, like FaceBook and MySpace... want my name? Meet me in the RL its like 100x better than the nets.

Boo-Yeah!!

Website Zealot
=(eGO)=
Well apparently this only applies to the forums you have the option and its not a requirement to make you real name appear next to your game handle in the game itself and on the friends list of the game. So its only the forums where its mandated that you have to post by your real name only.

Spitfire'd

EGO Is My Life!
Yeah I don't use the forums for either game (and wouldn't if I played them) but I still find this intrusive. I think Chemist is right a lot of people will threaten to quit but not too many of them will actually do it.

My old WoW guild was only RL friends anyway and we did our own junky website for the discussions we didn't have. But that's a long story and a different thread.

And Boo-Yeah to answer your question I don't think this will be a nail in the coffin that starts the death and decline of WoW. The fact is too many people are too invested in the game for that to happen.

Any discussion I'd want to have for either game would only be in our forums :)

Toasteddude

I need to go outside
Are they going to check if your name is real? Won't people just sign up with fake names and continue the trolling (RealID is supposed to combat the rampant trolling)?

Split

I need to go outside
it would make it easier for forum trolls, peoples real name + forum trolls = trolls going for lulz
so if you post on the forums, the trolls will go on facebook, myspace, or what ever, and knowing the people on the SC2/WoW Forums, the poster will have personal information or a phone number posted on their facebook/myspace. causing a huge explosion of prank calls. making the WoW/SC2 forums into a 4chan.