Loud beeping noice

5starGeneralAlphaSnake

Poster Extraordinaire
Loud beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep noice
It goes beeeeeeeeep shhhh beeeeeeep beep beep beeep beep shbpeshhepshhbeep.

the shhh noice has been going on for a while and i can stand that but the beeeeep is very annoying and it hurts my ears.

The beep just started this morning.

MD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3400+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory:
3326MB RAM
Hard Drive:
244 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Monitor:
ViewSonic E90-4
Sound Card:
Realtek AC97 Audio
Speakers/Headphones:
Logitech precision
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)

It also beeps when i do anything with my computer

Last edited:
This isnt really a upgrade computer.
Im just looking for one that will last a year or so.
And isnt outrages in price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341022

Cheap, reliable, flashy, and yes before anyone says it's underpowered because they always do, trust me, that will run everything in your box.

If you want to look on your own, anything around ~500W will be fine for a year.
http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category.aspx?Category=32&name=Power-Supplies

My comp is back from the dead no beeping noise(different headset)(will try with other)

edit:i didnt notice but there is a constant beeeep noise.

Last edited:
Bump:
this morning i turned on the comp and it worked for 23 minutes....
I turned on cod4 and looked at speed fan.
cod4 dropped 60-90fps
and my speed fan said my gpu was 60C
and 3 other censors were at 80-90C

Bump:
this morning i turned on the comp and it worked for 23 minutes....
I turned on cod4 and looked at speed fan.
cod4 dropped 60-90fps
and my speed fan said my gpu was 60C
and 3 other censors were at 80-90C

If your CPU was at 80-90 that is a critical stage and you WILL damage your hardware over time. the GPU, eh, maybe not so hot, but it looks like you've identified your beeping, which is evidently indicating your heat threshold has been met or exceeded. Bump your fan RPMs, increase cooling, reduce ambient heat, improve airflow.

If your CPU was at 80-90 that is a critical stage and you WILL damage your hardware over time. the GPU, eh, maybe not so hot, but it looks like you've identified your beeping, which is evidently indicating your heat threshold has been met or exceeded. Bump your fan RPMs, increase cooling, reduce ambient heat, improve airflow.

Actually that temp for his GPU is fine :) I had a 8600GTS and it was about that.

More like stop letting your computer run 24/7 5star :D. When you're not using it shut it off or even put it to sleep. But I agree with ronpaul you need to increase some airflow.

It almost sounds like your heatsink fan died. You should open up your case and turn on your computer and see what's going on. See if things are working properly. Especially your heatsink fan.

could also be nothing more then in need of the case/components being blown out. When was the last time you blew your case out? Dust will increase heat dramticaly.

Has been a while.
So i dont new stuff just need to try and run the comp see if the heatsink works..
and clean my computer..
but my computer goes in a little spot in my desk where i cant see things.
:(

If its been awhile, then there is a good chance the CPU cooler is full of dust and cant properly vent the heat generated by the CPU.... get a few cans of compressed air, and your vaccuum and go to town on cleaning that puppy out.

btw, if it is a heat issue, then the beeping is your over temp indicator.

also, as was stated before, with the case opened and only the power attached, power up your PC and check all fans for function... then do a hard power down.

Last edited:
yes - also, if its possible, go into your BIOS at startup and set smartfan to manual, and set all fans to 100% - by default, smartfan is set low to keep noise down... I dont mind the noise of fans if my PC temps are low. Id rather hear the fans running then frying my PC due to heat.

Last edited:
Back