Can my vid card run BC2?

Hehe:) No sorry my friend:) Its a really bad card exually, IMO.

I got the Sapphire HD 4870 1GB DDR5, try to get one of these, will be good enough for BC2.a

Its still too bad I'm sure:S I have the GS8400 for my PC, its pretty simulair to it, and it way to bad.

Yea sorry not even close, i have a 9300m in my ASUS notebook and it would run TF2 on low-med settings 1280x800 res with prettty low frames. Somewhere between 15-40 if i recall correctly.

My tri-fire got me like 100FPS on the BC2 Beta......i ran it on everything max at 1680x1050 with 4xAA.

But yea, your card definitely isn't enough.

You need a new laptop.....more like you need a desktop actually

ya i def need a desktop. but i dont have the money and my job pay is crap. plus im a broke college kid. :(

ahhh your in no luck then.

Dont worry, just don't play Bad Company 2. Your not missing out on that much, it's good but its near the end of its life. Though i shouldn't really say that considering Medal Of Honor is turning out to be a complete failure and dissapointment so i guess a lot of ppl will stick to bad company 2.

Stick to your games or maybe even CS:S

it would cost more to upgrade the vid card in my laptop than it would be to just buy a new laptop.

I would recommend just getting any laptop/keeping your current laptop for just browsing, documents, etc....then just save up money for a desktop so you can really get a good gaming experience. Laptop just don't do unless you get a good one like a nice Asus gaming one or Alienware etc...

I've seen an adapter for a desktop graphics card to laptop, and it was rather cheap. But the PCI-e slot was only an x1 or x2, I think. Still. A 5870 @ 70% of full speed is > any mobile GPU.

Yea...i think it uses an expresscard slot. Theres this company that sells external GPU's........they are called ViDock. I think they only have a 4670 right now and it's fairly expensive.

MSI is coming out with something called the GUS......it will have a 5670 in it and it's a decent price. Starting at $160 and goes up to $230 i believe. No word when the release date is idt but they showed it at computex or something. Should be coming soon.

Yea...i think it uses an expresscard slot. Theres this company that sells external GPU's........they are called ViDock. I think they only have a 4670 right now and it's fairly expensive.

MSI is coming out with something called the GUS......it will have a 5670 in it and it's a decent price. Starting at $160 and goes up to $230 i believe. No word when the release date is idt but they showed it at computex or something. Should be coming soon.

No, it's different than ViDock. It is a sinlge PCI-e lane that runs at x2 I believe, and you can put ANY desktop graphics card in it.

No, it's different than ViDock. It is a sinlge PCI-e lane that runs at x2 I believe, and you can put ANY desktop graphics card in it.

Yea i know yours is different, was just offering him a solution by Vidock.

Only question.....with your solution, where would the power come from???

Only reason why Vidock and stuff are limited to the cheaper GPU's is cuz of the power.

It comes with a 24 pin adapter thing, and you have to use a PSU.
Kills mobility, but hey, you want desktop graphics on your laptop, go ahead.

Back