Another anime thread

Fullmetal

EGO Is My Life!
=(e)=
So I just finished Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and thoroughly enjoyed it...Other people's thoughts?

Just finished it too and liked it. It'll be interesting rewatching the first FMA anime a while down the road.... While the storyline of FMA:B moved with more excitement and momentum than FMA, I can't help but feel that FMA:B ended up "rushing" some of the stories in the first 10-15 episodes which were covered much better in FMA.

FMA also had less secondary characters than FMA:B, which I feel is both a good and a bad thing. On one hand, in FMA:B the Xing characters, Olivia and her Briggs crew, and the chimera added depth and scope to the story universe; on the other hand, less secondary characters in FMA meant more focus on each individual character and a more focused storyline.

I wonder if the second movie will have anything to do with the manga creator?

Blasphemy, they shouldn't have redone FMA.

They should've instead just made the second movie.

That's why I stick with one Piece

Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood, 2 great serieses of Anime. The humour got a little odd at some points but overall, it is very good.

One Piece, Dragonball Z & Yugioh, all once great Japanese series, corrupted by the evil North-American corporations that modelled them into Western, dare I say it, Cartoons. I stopped watching these when I was about 12 and then moved onto other things...

Now Code Geass, Gundam 00, Neon Genesis Evangelion & Lucky Star, they are some great serieses. I highly recommend them :3

Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood, 2 great serieses of Anime. The humour got a little odd at some points but overall, it is very good.

One Piece, Dragonball Z & Yugioh, all once great Japanese series, corrupted by the evil North-American corporations that modelled them into Western, dare I say it, Cartoons. I stopped watching these when I was about 12 and then moved onto other things...

Now Code Geass, Gundam 00, Neon Genesis Evangelion & Lucky Star, they are some great serieses. I highly recommend them :3

I just pretend One Piece never made it into 4Kids hands....

in fact I dont think they even reached to North America

I don't get what you guys find so amusing in anime series.. Well personally I have never watched an anime.. Well except Pokemon when I was a kid. But since a lot of you on this community seem to have all those signatures & avatars of some anime character, I would assume you know something about it...

What would be a good anime to watch for a "noob" lol.

Or is the anime you guys are watching somewhat like Pokemon? I seriously have no freaking idea what this anime is about.. Is it like a normal movie but in anime?

Pokemon != classic anime we're talking about.

Watch Gundam Seed (and then Gundam Seed/Destiny, which is "season 2" of seed), and Strawberry Panic (yes, I thought the name was ridiculous until I actually watched it as well), Lucky Star, Baka Test, sekirei :). Those should start you.

Lucky Star, Baka Test, sekirei :). Those should start you.
Comedies, the staple diet of enjoying Anime ^_^ If your a "noob", and you enjoy[ed] Pokemon, then I recommend an easy one to watch: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. An amusing series that is :3 I also recommend (If you want to see robots beat each other up), Gundam 00, in my opinion, their best spin-off of Gundam.

As for the comment, "I don't get what you guys find so amusing in anime series," I can't see the amusement value in Metal Music, or emo, or goth, or rap etc. however, some people are just like that sort of thing. Other people, like myself and James May, prefer a good orchestral piece. It's just up to personal taste. Don't force yourself to like Anime, if you don't like them, don't watch them :p

Think of them like Sci-Fi. Those who watch it love it, and those who don't, usually laugh at it :)

Comedies, the staple diet of enjoying Anime ^_^ If your a "noob", and you enjoy[ed] Pokemon, then I recommend an easy one to watch: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. An amusing series that is :3 I also recommend (If you want to see robots beat each other up), Gundam 00, in my opinion, their best spin-off of Gundam.

As for the comment, "I don't get what you guys find so amusing in anime series," I can't see the amusement value in Metal Music, or emo, or goth, or rap etc. however, some people are just like that sort of thing. Other people, like myself and James May, prefer a good orchestral piece. It's just up to personal taste. Don't force yourself to like Anime, if you don't like them, don't watch them :p

Think of them like Sci-Fi. Those who watch it love it, and those who don't, usually laugh at it :)

I'd say watch Seed/Destiny before 00, just because seed/destiny is the last truly perfect gundam (so far). 00 had a great story line, but season 2 let the story become secondary to some over-the-top action. Not that that was a bad thing, but it definitely didn't live up to seed/destiny.

Also, Angel Beats. That show was pretty deep, and hilarious at the same time.

I hope the Movie is not a summary of the series....:glare:

But ya the series was awesome...quite said now that I dont get to watch it anymore. I willl porbaly rewatch it in a month or so.:sleep:

I thought the FMAB ending was slightly ridiculous.

SPOILERS AW JEEZ

For instance, Ed's insistence on not using a stone was sort of strange, considering Al used it, and even Mustang gave into it. They're not bad people, and it's not like those souls can be put back in the people they originally came from, so you might as well use them. I mean, once you "release them", where do they go? Probably nowhere.

It's also strange that Ed was fighting the weakened Father BY HIMSELF at the end of the fight. Everyone had already pitched in, and then suddenly, when Father is weak, they just stand there and watch as Ed beats up the Father guy by himself? Jeez, shoot him with your guns! Why is Armstrong just standing there, shoot your rock-spears at him! Gaaah, Greed's death was unnecessary if it weren't for the fact that the author just wanted to kill off every homunculus before the story ended.

It also disappointed me how little they delved into alkahestry. I mean, they basically THROW it at you out of nowhere (like Mei appears literally out of nowhere in the story and is suddenly friends with Scar and that Yoshiko guy with the moustache), and she has a completely new form of alkahestry, and they barely even explain it. Disappointing.

It also made no sense why they were able to use a Philosopher's stone to bring back Mustang's vision and fix Havoc's back, but not to give Izumi back her womb and whatnot (Hohenheim specifically says he can't give back to her what was lost, but that he can at least move around the organs so the blood flows more evenly, and this is despite the fact that he's a walking/talking Philosopher's stone).

All in all, it was a more "conclusive" ending than the original anime, but I think it was less satisfying.

*returns very quickly*
I thought the FMAB ending was slightly ridiculous.

SPOILERS AW JEEZ

I actually found it much better than the first anime's ending. It made more sense, was more enjoyable to watch, and didn't try to get away with anything unbelievably silly, like everything that had to do with Wrath in the first series.

Also, the first anime's ending seemed to be pulled out of nowhere. Brotherhood's ending was not easy to predict, but at least it didn't just suddenly go, "OMG I'M IN ANOTHER WORLD WHAT'S GOING ON?" and then "Oh hey I got Al's body back without giving up anything significant." Instead, they chose the preferable, "What? Hm...no...oh, right. Too bad I have to give that away. Oh well." which may have not been perfect, but you could see where it came from and how it made sense.

Blasphemy, they shouldn't have redone FMA.

They should've instead just made the second movie.

That's why I stick with one Piece
Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. The original anime was good, but not nearly as good as the manga it was based off of. Therefore, if an anime was the manga animated, it would be so much better than the original. Which it was, in my opinion.

FMA:B spoilers. Don't hover you cursor above them unless you wish to see.
Shame he never got his leg back. Also, you could see hints at what Ed and Al would do after the series was over. Ed used code in the form of a travelogue.

And I was kind of upset that they randomly brought up that stuff about Nina in the last episode. It happened years ago and was pretty insignificant, get over it already!

In summary of my opinions of these two series.
FMA: Wow, that was pretty good. It doesn't need any more done to it, and it was pretty satisfying show. But I like the direction the Manga's going.

FMA:B: :( it's over. And the ending was kinda depressing.

I don't get what you guys find so amusing in anime series.. Well personally I have never watched an anime.. Well except Pokemon when I was a kid. But since a lot of you on this community seem to have all those signatures & avatars of some anime character, I would assume you know something about it...

What would be a good anime to watch for a "noob" lol.

Or is the anime you guys are watching somewhat like Pokemon? I seriously have no freaking idea what this anime is about.. Is it like a normal movie but in anime?
Um...totally different. Not to mention better.
The first anime I watched was the original FMA series(pretty good). I then moved on to D. Gray-Man(it's great, can't find it anymore though[nevermind, I never looked]) and then Bleach (Also pretty good, in my opinion) then most of FMA:Brotherhood(better than FMA) then Soul Eater(another good one) then finally the rest of FMA:B.

-Edit
Now I have to watch the rest of D. Gray-Man...

-Edit2
Silly fansubbers are translating Akuma to demon instead of just saying Akuma, and translating Arystar Krory as Aleister Crowley.

-Edit3
And Teez as Tease. And general as marshall.

Last edited:
Back