Can I handle BFBC2?

Kawaii~~

Thread Junky
I really want to buy the game and everything on my computer can run it but im not too positive about my graphic card my current graphic card is a 9800GT 1gb is that good enough to run it? Smoothly without lag

You should be able to run it fairly well with that graphics card. Recommended at least 2+ GB RAM and a 2ghz dual core MINIMUM for good results

uhh... All these guys are baller, but I can pwn their faces on a good day with my 8500GT (dual screening on one card) and 4 gigs of RAM. older processor too!

I run a R5770 with a Dual Core, maxed settings, really good frames, 1440x900. You should be able to run it fine.

Another great site I always run is this: http://www.canyourunit.com. Great resource. And so far, it hasn't lied to me. :)

Alright thanks =) I got 4gbs of ram and pretty good proccessing power. I guess i'm pick up the game next next month =( but thanks for the replys =D

Assuming your on Vista or 7 you can run in dx10 with that card but to be honest you'll get a lot higher frames by forcing it to run in dx9.

Good news I can get the game next week! Yay!!!! Hopefully ebgames have it if it does omg *gasm* i'm looking forward to getting this game because I always wanted the game when it was first announced but was afraid i couldnt handle it because of my graphic card so basically now that I can supposedly handle this game i'm going to pick it up as soon as I get my paycheck and play this like a mad man to catch up on the lvling I missed and now I can stop dreaming about playing this at night and actually play it =) Is the difference between dx9 and dx10 big? btw

Not really, the biggest issue is that anti-aliasing cant be turned on in dx9 but you probably shouldnt have more than 2x or 4x aa on in dx10 anyway with that gpu.

That was going to be one of my next examples for the performance guide, whenever I get a chance to do it anyway.

Good news I can get the game next week! Yay!!!! Hopefully ebgames have it if it does omg *gasm* i'm looking forward to getting this game because I always wanted the game when it was first announced but was afraid i couldnt handle it because of my graphic card so basically now that I can supposedly handle this game i'm going to pick it up as soon as I get my paycheck and play this like a mad man to catch up on the lvling I missed and now I can stop dreaming about playing this at night and actually play it =) Is the difference between dx9 and dx10 big? btw

I really have a hard time believing the DX10 thing that they say you're card can't... but that 9800 is def a solid performer you shouldn't have problems ;)

Can't wait to see you out there

Well I just re did the test and it said it does handle dx10 now I guess it was a mistake in their information or some bug w/e =) I got 18 dollars on me 50 next week I should be set to get that game =)

the game cost me about $21 and some change online, and the legit CD key was emailed to me within a few hours... http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/ totally legit, worked for myself and a friend of mine, ordered 2 days apart, hopping on right now! EA downloader = No STEAM! makes for a smoother gaming experience.

Hope this doesn't violate any forum rules ;Z

You should run it fine, with the right optimization and all.

uhh... All these guys are baller, but I can pwn their faces on a good day with my 8500GT (dual screening on one card) and 4 gigs of RAM. older processor too!
What?! That's amazing. I switched from my 8500 GT to the 5770 just recently. Before I played BC2 on minimum, DX9, Windowed. I had 40 FPS usually, and it dipped to 15/20 in firefights + explosions.

Now with my 5770 I'm playing it at 1600x900 DX11 Minimum with LOD=Med. I get a solid 60 and drop to 38 at times. I love it. Heat is never an issue.

Tony, this is just the info I needed.... I was worried that my rig just wouldn't be able to perform any better by just upgrading my GPU, but it is pretty clear now that this will take me a long ways. Shopping on new egg now! Thanks

Back