How to Make TF2 Items

Just wondering, anyone got a good program they use? I have some Ideas, and I wanna get some of them ingame ;)

P.S I owe CutChemist 1000CC, so PM me Cut, and il get it to you.

Using a program to get TF2 items is CHEATING. And no one likes that. I would advise you to earn items yourself.

You may also get VAC banned

Using a program to get TF2 items is CHEATING. And no one likes that. I would advise you to earn items yourself.

You may also get VAC banned

Re-read the title please. He doesn't want to use a program to get items, he wants to model them

OP, you want to look into modeling. Its not something you can jump into easily but if you really do have ideas for new weapons Valve wants a solid model as well

Please disregard my above comment, I read the thread improperly

I believe source sdk or the sdk community has simmering regarding modeling?

Hey-oh, QuickSkope.
To make a TF2 weapon, you need to know how to do 3D modelling.
I recommend either Google SketchUp or Blender, which are both free modelling programs.
I've never used SketchUp, but I hear it's very easy compared to 3DS Max or Blender.
Personally, I use Blender. It's a VERY powerful modeller, animator, and renderer. It's used for 3D movies and the like in commercial environments so that the big companies can use their own modified version of Blender (It's open source) and not spend big bucks on programs such as Softimage (XSI) or 3DS Max.
You can get Blender from here.
Here's a LONG tutorial that walks you through the entirety of Blender's User Interface.
Here's a Facepunch thread on how to use Blender models in Source Engine-based games.
Hope this helps!

Ive done MASSIVE things in Sketch-Up (House Design) I did our bathroom design in it :)

Anyway, il try to use it thanks for the help :)

Back