Rip heavy picnics

Prisoner416

Website Zealot
=(eGO)=
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CAn3uDE-4Y[/ame]

Thanks Valve. No more picnics. You have removed one of the main bringers of joy left in the game.

Carmine

EGO Is My Life!
For once I agree with you prisoner. In addition, this is a massive nerf to sandwich, I used to be able to pop out kill a few people, go back to a corner eat sandvich and repeat, no longer, I must now wait for that bar to refill. It sucks.

=[Ga]= AutoDMC

I need to go outside
As somebody who has seen many Heavies toss their sandviches as a health item then run into them, getting the benefits of carrying a healthpack without the drawback of having to stand around going "NOM NOM NOM.' I don't mind a bit of a nerf. I loved the sandvich when it was just for the heavy and he had to eat it. Now it's much more powerful, and it got a nerf.

Don't get me wrong, I fully expect to see a Sentry Walker Nerf as well. Although being able to move that gear up makes payload maps MUCH more fun, IMHO.

In other news, the Heavy finally joins every other class with an expendable item (ball, jarate, etc) with a timer which can be resupplied at a locker.

Unless I'm missing the point. I'm an Engineer and a Solider, with a minor in Heavy Weapons Spam, so I don't use the Heavy as much as others do.

Carmine

EGO Is My Life!
As somebody who has seen many Heavies toss their sandviches as a health item then run into them, getting the benefits of carrying a healthpack without the drawback of having to stand around going "NOM NOM NOM.' I don't mind a bit of a nerf. I loved the sandvich when it was just for the heavy and he had to eat it. Now it's much more powerful, and it got a nerf.

Don't get me wrong, I fully expect to see a Sentry Walker Nerf as well. Although being able to move that gear up makes payload maps MUCH more fun, IMHO.

In other news, the Heavy finally joins every other class with an expendable item (ball, jarate, etc) with a timer which can be resupplied at a locker.

Unless I'm missing the point. I'm an Engineer and a Solider, with a minor in Heavy Weapons Spam, so I don't use the Heavy as much as others do.
Heavy has enough troubles as a class in itself, the sandvich is almost necessary, any nerf hurts the entire class overall.

=[Ga]= AutoDMC

I need to go outside
Like I said, Carmine, I support the original sandvich mechanic: Stop and eat and taunt. But they've recently "buffed" the sandvich, with the ability to toss it out as a medipack. This nerf seems to be designed to "roll back" the power this gave heavies to balance the game again.

Nobody likes a nerf. I swear when they finally nerf back the Engineer I'll be one of the first here to QQ as if somebody had given me a gold wrench then wrenched it away. The Sandvich is necessary for Heavies when there aren't Medics around to stick to you, I agree. It makes the Heavy more useful. But again, you're not losing the sandvich. You just have to wait for it to recharge, just like every other consumable in the game. Or you can go to a locker and pick up a new one. They didn't make it weaker. And, as I said, you can throw your sandvich out and run over it, turning it into a real portable healthpack. Being able to toss the sandvich was a serious buff, and now you've gotten a minor debuff.

If I'm understanding this wrong, let me know. But it appears that you got an item (sandvich) at power level 500, and then you were allowed to toss it (and run over it yourself for instant eatage) for a power level of over 9000, and then you were rolled back a little bit by making you wait for it to recharge like every other class for a power level of slightly under 9000.

I'd understood if they made the sandvich eating take twice as long, or only allowed you one sandvich ever, or made it only worth half the health buff, or replaced the new meat with old meat. But they didn't. They made it so your sandviches regenerate over a short period of time. It's now, seriously, an "ambush weapon." You can still turn the corner, nosh, and come back. You just can't do that over and over and over again.

If I'm missing the point, explain it to me as somebody who isn't a sandvich heavy. Don't just QQ and say that it completely and utterly breaks the class and TF2 isn't fun anymore.

Carmine

EGO Is My Life!
Like I said, Carmine, I support the original sandvich mechanic: Stop and eat and taunt. But they've recently "buffed" the sandvich, with the ability to toss it out as a medipack. This nerf seems to be designed to "roll back" the power this gave heavies to balance the game again.

Nobody likes a nerf. I swear when they finally nerf back the Engineer I'll be one of the first here to QQ as if somebody had given me a gold wrench then wrenched it away. The Sandvich is necessary for Heavies when there aren't Medics around to stick to you, I agree. It makes the Heavy more useful. But again, you're not losing the sandvich. You just have to wait for it to recharge, just like every other consumable in the game. Or you can go to a locker and pick up a new one. They didn't make it weaker. And, as I said, you can throw your sandvich out and run over it, turning it into a real portable healthpack. Being able to toss the sandvich was a serious buff, and now you've gotten a minor debuff.

If I'm understanding this wrong, let me know. But it appears that you got an item (sandvich) at power level 500, and then you were allowed to toss it (and run over it yourself for instant eatage) for a power level of over 9000, and then you were rolled back a little bit by making you wait for it to recharge like every other class for a power level of slightly under 9000.

I'd understood if they made the sandvich eating take twice as long, or only allowed you one sandvich ever, or made it only worth half the health buff, or replaced the new meat with old meat. But they didn't. They made it so your sandviches regenerate over a short period of time. It's now, seriously, an "ambush weapon." You can still turn the corner, nosh, and come back. You just can't do that over and over and over again.

If I'm missing the point, explain it to me as somebody who isn't a sandvich heavy. Don't just QQ and say that it completely and utterly breaks the class and TF2 isn't fun anymore.
I agree, the sandvich was a very powerful unlock. The ability to toss it out, either to someone else or to yourself as an instant health is very powerful. What I am saying is that it really didn't need that rollback.

Lets give an example, last night I was playing on gold rush, second stage on the defence. In that small area near the end of the cart track that is inset and made of wood. I would pop out, gun down a few people and a sentry or two then retreat back and eat my sandvich, no longer could I do this repeatably, I would have to wait, with low health, not able to pop out to go anywhere because of all the mini sentries and snipers, not with low health like that. So I had to wait, making my defense less effective. Normally I would have full health in a few seconds, now the period of vulnerability is highly extended, I died after a few reps because I was stuck waiting with 30 health for my sandvich.

Saying you would understand if it only restored half your health, or made it take twice as long to eat, I would honestly take those over the regenerate over time.

It didn't break the class, but it is a pretty big nerf to a class that really doesn't need any nerfs because of how many classes counter him directly.

Prisoner416

Website Zealot
=(eGO)=
What would be nice is if they just nerfed it back to when it didn't give you a full heal. That was Sandvich perfection.

Kevimaster

EGO Is My Life!
I'm lost too Darth, although I think the heavy needed a nerf anyway and it sounds like he got one, so *shrugs*, now if we can just convince valve to remove natascha from the game.

Sharp_Shooter

Famous Poster
For those that don't know how it got nerfed. The sandvich now has a recharge instead of being able to be eaten continuously. This is however a plus for keeping your medic in shape when no medkits are nearby. People can have sandvich picnics but it will be really slow and boring.