The Memory Could Not Be Read

R3D S3RPENT55

EGO Zealot
Hey, whenever I try to start CS:S and then join a server as it says "Sending Client Info" it then gives me this error

The instruction at "0x0c175969" referenced memory at "0x0c405800", the memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program.

Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it?

You could also try a defrag, but this would appear to be some sort of non-game-specific issue. Try reinstalling CSS from scratch maybe?

Thanks bro, hopefully it'll fix him up a bit. It gives lots of different ways to combat the issue

Alright... Tried all of those except for flashing my BIOS because I recently did that and nothing... I don't understand what else could be causing this problem, makes no sense to me

Please reboot and test after completing each of these steps to determine whether the issue has been resolved.
Add this launch option in your game's launch properties to test the game in windowed mode:
-window +mat_forcehardwaresync 0
More information about setting launch options can be found in the Setting Game Launch Options topic.
Page file: Try turning off your system paging file (you have to reboot) and setting your page file for 1x or 2x the amount of RAM being used. This setting can be found under Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Advanced > Virtual Memory
If you have an language other than English set for your Operating System, make sure that you are not setting the console key to an character which Steam will not recognize (? for example is not valid)
Disable all IM programs and do not alt-tab to your desktop, swapping the game out may trigger this problem.
If you are using two or more memory modules, try running with only one module and see if you still have this problem. Reducing the number of modules will effectively speed up your memory timing. If the game runs ok with one module but not two, then you have a motherboard timing problem and you will need to make some changes. Please read your motherboard manual before making any changes.
Relax the memory timing some motherboards have "conservative" timing or you can manually increase CAS and increase prefetch. If CAS is set to 2.0 increase it to 2.5. If Prefetch is set to 6, increase it to 7 or higher (up to 11).
Slightly increase the memory core voltage if your motherboard supports this option, consult your motherboard manual. Raising the voltage will effectively speed up the memory, but will also increase the heat.

Well when you google those error codes, people have had similar problems.

I think it's the new engine that's giving you the issue, since you normally can't handle the engine

Back