Cod mw2 - vs - bfbc2

COD MW2 or BFBC2?

• Battlefield Bad Company 2.

• Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

• You do notice the cheaters, its anoying.

• You don't notice the cheaters, its still fun.

• Total voters

BlackBird.

Poster Extraordinaire
Hello,

I'm really thinking about getting MW2, however is 59.99 on steam, not sure if its worth it. Already got BFBC2, but what game is better in your opinions?

Many people say there are a lot of hackers in COD MW2, but some other friends say you barely notice it. Whats the truth? Is COD MW2 worth 59.99?
Or can I better get a new set of RAM Memory?:)

Btw if you say that MW2 is beter, also tell why:)

And what's the biggest difference between these two games?

COD MW2 VS BFBC2.

P.S. Only vote for the last 2 options if you have played MW2 online.

P.S.2: You probably think; "yesterday he asked about Killing Floor, and now about Mw2, does he have money to much?" No I just got 150 dollar to spent:p

~Bird.

Last edited:
I haven't played MW2, but if it's anything like the first, it's a lot of mindless running around and shooting. Bad Company 2 has purpose to it's gameplay.

I own both MW2 and BC2, and from having played both games online, MW2 is more killing people and less objectives, while BC2 was more about getting the objective done, imo.

Bad company 2 without a doubt, vehicles, helicopters and uav's make it for me.... I owned MW2 for a couple of months, and was real dissapointed... I would go with BC2

i guess no one has noticed it yet...MW2 has no dedicated servers what so ever, BC2 does. Without dedicated servers it run by a host like console games but there's a catch, that host could have a really really bad connection and you can lag a lot. And the hackers, oh my oh my are there lots of hackers. Honestly dude just stick with BC2 $59.99 isn't worth it for a game with no dedicated servers or fighting a bunch of hackers.

bad company 2 all the way...........Medal Of Honor sucks though btw and COD MW2 was fun for like a month but then just got plain boring and pretty boring

As person who has personally played both games a lot I can definitly say that BC2 comes out on top. Aside from the ovbious factor of dedicated servers that support our eGO community; the game itself is better. I find that MW2 is crowded and it's more arcade-ish where as BC2 rings true as a FPS. It is also more objective base which creates a better atmosphere where MW2 is just about getting killstreaks and having a good K/D ratio.

Hello,

I'm really thinking about getting MW2, however is 59.99 on steam, not sure if its worth it. Already got BFBC2, but what game is better in your opinions?

Many people say there are a lot of hackers in COD MW2, but some other friends say you barely notice it. Whats the truth? Is COD MW2 worth 59.99?
Or can I better get a new set of RAM Memory?:)

Btw if you say that MW2 is beter, also tell why:)

And what's the biggest difference between these two games?

COD MW2 VS BFBC2.

P.S. Only vote for the last 2 options if you have played MW2 online.

P.S.2: You probably think; "yesterday he asked about Killing Floor, and now about Mw2, does he have money to much?" No I just got 150 dollar to spent:p

~Bird.

If your friend says there's a lot of hackers in MW2, what's the point of getting the game ?, your just going to end up like me getting raged lol, or end up breaking something. Ive played MW2 on xbox and to tell you it's pretty fun, but if your getting it on PC then don't get it, it's just a waste of your money, just upgrade your PC.

Last edited:
I honestly despise MW2 with a passion. Once halo reach comes out my MW2 disk will become old and dusty =p

If your friend says there's a lot of hackers in MW2, what's the point of getting the game ?, your just going to end up like me getting raged lol, or end up breaking something. Ive played MW2 on xbox and to tell you it's pretty fun, but if your getting it on PC then don't get it, it's just a waste of your money, just upgrade your PC.

Read my friend. I say: "My friends say you barely notice thim, so they dont see hackers". :)

If you're looking for a game to buy, hold off until CoD: Black Ops unless you really want a game now. If that's the case, pick up BC2. I prefer the mindless run and gun of MW2, but now it's outdated (in that it's been done through and through by most players) and there aren't as many players (and those that are usually have very high levels) so it's imbalanced for you. BC2 will also have some balancing problems for those beginning, but it's not nearly as bad, and with the various expansions/DLC scheduled, it will have a bit more life from now. Plus, even though when you start off it may be a bit massive, but you'll soon appreciate how much there is to do in the game. Oh, and you can be terrible at the game and still have plenty of fun, it's centered much more on objectives and team play than just kills (capping an objective will give you much more experience than going 20-2 or something).

And those of you hating on MW2, even with all of it's problems (which I'm not denying there are plenty of), I still have more respect for IW than DICE. Yes they shafted the PC on release and made everyone rage. But they RELEASED A FINISHED GAME! BC2 was and still has bugs and didn't truly feel complete until the last patch. A very delayed patch that should have been part of the release. Plus, DICE decided to go ahead and develop the MoH multiplayer... forgetting priorities anyone?
/rant

Starcraft 2 should also be a good pickup, btw...

played and owned both less hackers on MW2 BC2 IS quicker and constantly evolvingand if you have vip (xbox 360) all maps are free dont know about pc tho

battlefield, mw2 just sucks. first, eGO doesn't have a division in it. second full of cheaters, third no dedicated server system =(. and much more=D. if u buy a game, let it be battlefield. only buy MW2 for the follow up for cod4. for the story. thats all. bfbc2 ftw =D

If you're looking for a game to buy, hold off until CoD: Black Ops unless you really want a game now. If that's the case, pick up BC2. I prefer the mindless run and gun of MW2, but now it's outdated (in that it's been done through and through by most players) and there aren't as many players (and those that are usually have very high levels) so it's imbalanced for you. BC2 will also have some balancing problems for those beginning, but it's not nearly as bad, and with the various expansions/DLC scheduled, it will have a bit more life from now. Plus, even though when you start off it may be a bit massive, but you'll soon appreciate how much there is to do in the game. Oh, and you can be terrible at the game and still have plenty of fun, it's centered much more on objectives and team play than just kills (capping an objective will give you much more experience than going 20-2 or something).

And those of you hating on MW2, even with all of it's problems (which I'm not denying there are plenty of), I still have more respect for IW than DICE. Yes they shafted the PC on release and made everyone rage. But they RELEASED A FINISHED GAME! BC2 was and still has bugs and didn't truly feel complete until the last patch. A very delayed patch that should have been part of the release. Plus, DICE decided to go ahead and develop the MoH multiplayer... forgetting priorities anyone?
/rant

You cannot seriously be calling MW2 finished. There are dozens of game-breaking glitches, some that have been around since the release.

You can't compare MW2 and BC2.

If you like FPS that are more faced paced, play Mw2

If you enjoy vehicle combat play BC2

Personally I think MW2 is pretty good

/rant

Did you really just say the MW2 was a finished game with no glitches?

No comment. You, sir, have made me headdesk like no other.

Back