PC Display Crash

Snipeye

EGO Is My Life!
=(eGO)=
Alright, issue has been going on for some time, and I'm at a loss.

Old video card had to be sent back and replaced. Got a nVidia 285 GTX to replace it. However, at the same time, hard drive was dying, which I replaced. Installed Windows 7 with a backup video card; 8800GTS 320MB.

Got new card, swapped it out, and installed new graphic drivers for it.

Now after some amount of time, and its variable, nothing predictable; I lose display, and the computer does a quasi-crash. Gets stuck, as well as monitors say no graphics display available.

I tried updating the graphics drivers, with no change.

Here's my thinking and need advice/tips:

Graphic drivers is the cause of it. I need to uninstall all graphic drivers on computer, then reinstall.

Video card isn't plugged in correctly: I did check and it does appear to be plugged in fully. Went so far as to disconnect it and plug it back in.

Heat is not a problem; temps are resonable.

If its a driver problem, boot into safe mode, go into the Device Manager, find your display adapter, properties, and uninstall driver. Reboot, safe mode, install new driver. If problem persists, could be a power supply issue.

If its a driver problem, boot into safe mode, go into the Device Manager, find your display adapter, properties, and uninstall driver. Reboot, safe mode, install new driver. If problem persists, could be a power supply issue.

Not only uninstall and remove them,
get Driver Sweeper and run that for NVIDIA display drivers,
then install the latest drivers for your card.

Back