bsod ftl --'

The Slayer

Poster Extraordinaire
i am getting sick of all the bsod that i get. yesterday, i got like 2 - 4 bsod. launch cod4, BAM! bsod --'. anyone knows how to fix it ? =(. like everytime i start my pc, i can be sure it gives a bsod. today, it happened aswell. =(

ok, but normally, when i get this bsod, its like wam bsod, pfuuuu, pc rebooting ...., so i don't think i will have much time to get a screenie, but, ill give it a try next time it occurs.

ok, but normally, when i get this bsod, its like wam bsod, pfuuuu, pc rebooting ...., so i don't think i will have much time to get a screenie, but, ill give it a try next time it occurs.

1. Open the Start Menu and select "Control Panel"

2. Select "System"

3. Click the "Advanced" tab.

4. Click "Settings" under the "Startup and Recovery" section.

5. Make sure that under the "System Failure" section, the "Automatically Restart" option is not checked.

6. Click "Ok"

Now the next time you encounter a blue screen, the machine will not restart until you press the power button.

1. Open the Start Menu and select "Control Panel"

2. Select "System"

3. Click the "Advanced" tab.

4. Click "Settings" under the "Startup and Recovery" section.

5. Make sure that under the "System Failure" section, the "Automatically Restart" option is not checked.

6. Click "Ok"

Now the next time you encounter a blue screen, the machine will not restart until you press the power button.

This is also how you'll find the path to the crash dump directory. Typically, it's C:\Windows\Minidump.

After every BSOD, a crash dump file is created there with the details about the crash. It's more informative than just analyzing the BSOD itself, but you need software to analyze it. Download Debugging tools for Windows and use Windbg to analyze the log. If the fix isn't easy, you'll want to do that for the most detail, otherwise googling a memory error might do the trick.

Or, just email the Minidump file to me and I'll tell you what module faulted

He doesn't mean an actual screen shot, he means get a camera and take an actual picture of your monitor with the screen clearly visible so we can see the BSOD error.

This is also how you'll find the path to the crash dump directory. Typically, it's C:WindowsMinidump.

After every BSOD, a crash dump file is created there with the details about the crash. It's more informative than just analyzing the BSOD itself, but you need software to analyze it. Download Debugging tools for Windows and use Windbg to analyze the log. If the fix isn't easy, you'll want to do that for the most detail, otherwise googling a memory error might do the trick.

Or, just email the Minidump file to me and I'll tell you what module faulted

I located the crashdump file. where do i send it ?

The BSOD will also be posted in the Event Viewer. Search for that in your start bar

Not always so. The only reliable place to find the crash dump is the place I mentioned above. Sometimes the BSOD kills vital windows services, like the ones required to write events to the event viewer. You might see three totally acceptable System events followed by an 8 minute gap in the timestamps followed by Service Control events that signify Windows start-up, that's when you know you've crashed.

so wich one do i send? i got multipule :p. (not sure if spelled right :p)

I am going to send the last 2 files of the last 2 bsods.

EDIT: i sended u the last 2 files. pm me on site if u found anything. I hardly check my mails =D

thanks

Last edited:
Back