whats the next update gonna be?

Noise

Poster Extraordinaire
I posted a thread with the same idea a few days after the WAR update, asking whats the engie update gonna be like.

Now every class was updated, what big change will be next? or what do you want to be next? another set of class updates? tf3? tf2 on some other platform?(personally i hope tf2 will be updated on the xbox :D)whats gonna happen with tf2? :D

Actually, I have no Idea. One thing is for sure, the TF2 version on the PS3 will never be updated since it's been ported by EA and not Valve. The Xbox360 one will be probably updated in a bundle for Microsoft Points but besides that I don't know when it's going to be launched because of Valve Time.

Actually, I have no Idea. One thing is for sure, the TF2 version on the PS3 will never be updated since it's been ported by EA and not Valve. The Xbox360 one will be probably updated in a bundle for Microsoft Points but besides that I don't know when it's going to be launched because of Valve Time.
I'm really hoping they work on the "Massive 360 update" that was "Coming soon" about a year and a half ago.:glare:.....Valve time :facewall: I still enjoy playing the 360 version every once in a while.:blushing:
I can see them doing a stand alone version for the ps3 though, especially now that Portal2 is coming to ps3 with steam cloud for updates. I think that the ps3 will get an updated version of TF2 before the 360:scared: If they do come to the 360 I imagine they will cost quite a bit...it's a lot of content

The thing with the Xbox version of TF2 is, to update it to the PC versions current state would be impossible, the Xbox doesn't actually have enough memory to be able to run it. Kind of funny :p. They would have to use lower quality models or not include all the maps or something :p

I live about an hour away from you according to your ISP.

creepy.

my thought is they'll do polycount next, of course (winners announced today sometime) but after that, I suspect something like another classless update; lots of hats and trading, perhaps improved drop/craft systems.

After that? perhaps achievements, or maybe they'll just go right around one more time, updating the medic and the pyro, and starting fresh. who knows?

wierd no one has said anything about the supposed 10th class, since valve has teased about it even in L4D.

Yep, that's what I was going to mention actually. I brought it up in another engi update thread where a similar "What's next?" question came up. Would be awesome to see a 10th class, but I don't envy Valve for having to do it. Each TF2 class has such a specific role, which has become a bit blurred with the updates I'll admit. Nevertheless, finding a role, a purpose for the new class would be difficult, and then you'd actually have to successfully build that class into an already balanced game, which would be even more difficult.

So, my take on it: Would love to see it, but don't hold your breath. Knowing Valve time, if it does happen, it'll be at least a year from now.

Yep, that's what I was going to mention actually. I brought it up in another engi update thread where a similar "What's next?" question came up. Would be awesome to see a 10th class, but I don't envy Valve for having to do it. Each TF2 class has such a specific role, which has become a bit blurred with the updates I'll admit. Nevertheless, finding a role, a purpose for the new class would be difficult, and then you'd actually have to successfully build that class into an already balanced game, which would be even more difficult.

So, my take on it: Would love to see it, but don't hold your breath. Knowing Valve time, if it does happen, it'll be at least a year from now.

I'd assume that the 10th action figure mentioned on the L4D cereal box is either the civilian or a sentry gun

Mhm just a thought maybe make 2 new classes, so that you could have 1 class that counters the other for example demo and engineer are 2 classes that counter each other, demo is supposed to be used for destroying engi buildings at least i think? lmao
if not then i have no idea what i am talking about. ^_^

Who knows. But what ill say is that whatever update comes will either be a classless update or a class update refresh, but no new class...
Although trading would be nice since WE NEEEEED IT!!!!!

creepy.

my thought is they'll do polycount next, of course (winners announced today sometime) but after that, I suspect something like another classless update; lots of hats and trading, perhaps improved drop/craft systems.

After that? perhaps achievements, or maybe they'll just go right around one more time, updating the medic and the pyro, and starting fresh. who knows?

That's what I'm hoping for. Just another round of class updates.

Back