Could you guys check out this Mother Board for me?

Falco

Poster
Time have come and gone to change my MOBO (5+ years). I've been looking for one that suits my current hardware, have a decent processor and fits my current cover (yeah I know, its somewhat of a cheap move, but budget is not so good)

After some research I found this one: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5690066&CatId=1599

What I need:
- It have to be compatible with (4) DDR2 1G e/a RAM card
- Able to run a NVidia GeForce 9800
- Fits my current cover of 16' length * 14 1/4' height (dont really know how I can be sure that it fits)

If you think there's a better one out there (better price, more powerful, etc) and it check out my needs, please link it.

As well, I might check out some good case, but want to use all that I can of my current hardware.

What are your full specs?

And why not just upgrade the mobo/cpu/ram? Socket 775 is dead.

What are your full specs?

And why not just upgrade the mobo/cpu/ram? Socket 775 is dead.

Well I looked around and the DDR3 RAM cards are around 2-3 hundreds for 4G's of speed

Cant be sure right now of full specs since the PC is dead, but ill say what I know, if needed something else ill try to find it:
Wind 7 Prof. 64 bits
Intel Core2 duo
Vid Card NVidia GeForce 9800 1G
1G DDR2 RAM Card (x4)
750W Power Supply (just in case)

2-3 Hundred for 4GB of DDR3? Where are you buying from, Best Buy?
And the processor model number is rather important. Do you have any idea of what it is?

my 4GB of ddr3 was <$100

O_O

but yea, 775 is dead, more importantly, DDR2 is more dead

If you want to stay 775, then i suggest getting a motherboard with DDR3 support.:
like this

Ok, im no expert in any of this... so didn't know about 775 until 2 days ago. I really want to have a good deal out of this, and since is my GAMING PC, I need some good equipment.
So here's the almost obvious question, can you guys link me a good set of MOBO's, RAM cards and fan (and whatever else you think I might need)?

I will take a look at all of them, but really hope not to go over 400 - 450 at most in all the hardware.

Back