GTX 460 is here,

PewPewBangBang

Website Zealot
This is honestly the best price/performance card no doubt.

The 1gb is the one you want, wouldn't really opt for the 768mb version.

I was gonna make a thread on this card also myself :)

This is what i recommend........getting two of these babies and SLI them.......the scaling and performance is amazing!!!!

2xGTX 460 will get you the performance in between a 5970 and GTX 480 but all for about $400-500 RIDICULOUS!!!

The SLI performance of this is making me want one myself..........in like half of the games benchmarked that i read....SLI GTX 460 even beats the 5970 and is the fastest solution.

In general....SLI GTX 460 is 23% faster than the GTX 480 and about 10% slower than the 5970 on average.

Here is the review on both the single GTX 460 and SLI with benchmarks being compared to almost every other card out there.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_460_SLI/27.html

I really want two of these now lol

The anandtech site is actually a better review.....they even stack up the SLI against the GTX 480 SLI and its not too far behind considering its also about $500 cheaper.

Finally, Nvidia getting something together......i may really think about purchasing this

Last edited:

shadows5631

EGO Is My Life!
Judging by the factory overclocked version, this thing seems to overclock very well too.

The temps are also significantly lower than the other cards (even the 5770 and 5750), and it uses almost 100 watts less than my current GTX 275 while performing a lot better. I'm tempted to sell it on Ebay and pick one of these up.

reflex99

EGO Is My Life!
This is honestly the best price/performance card no doubt.

The 1gb is the one you want, wouldn't really opt for the 768mb version.

I was gonna make a thread on this card also myself :)

This is what i recommend........getting two of these babies and SLI them.......the scaling and performance is amazing!!!!

2xGTX 460 will get you the performance in between a 5970 and GTX 480 but all for about $400-500 RIDICULOUS!!!

The SLI performance of this is making me want one myself..........in like half of the games benchmarked that i read....SLI GTX 460 even beats the 5970 and is the fastest solution.

In general....SLI GTX 460 is 23% faster than the GTX 480 and about 10% slower than the 5970 on average.

Here is the review on both the single GTX 460 and SLI with benchmarks being compared to almost every other card out there.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_460_SLI/27.html

I really want two of these now lol

The anandtech site is actually a better review.....they even stack up the SLI against the GTX 480 SLI and its not too far behind considering its also about $500 cheaper.

Finally, Nvidia getting something together......i may really think about purchasing this
benchies?

i wanna see this

EDIT: OMG I found teh bench:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3809/nvidias-geforce-gtx-460-the-200-king/13

now nVidia needs to make surround NOT require SLI. Then i will buy one.

Last edited:

PewPewBangBang

Website Zealot
I could probably sell my cards and get two of these for only like $200 out of my own pocket probably more though.

Yea....overclocking looks very good on these so far. The Asus Top 768mb got a core clock of 930mhz using Asus smartdoctor but they said something like they couldn't use the highest voltage because the card would just back down to 400mhz, due to overheating or something on the VRM. Still, overclocking is pretty beastly.

Last edited:

dbee

Supreme Poster
Wow... Now i would need to upgrade to a better board if i went SLI on these. Pretty sure my UD3R slows dont one PCI-E slot down to 8x once the second card is installed . Tried SLI with another GTX 260 and was getting massive stuttering in all games. Drivers and all were upto date and temps were cool as with one card.

Still kinda want my Gigabyte Super OC 470, bet that card will be around $450-500 itself, might as well go this way.

PewPewBangBang

Website Zealot
Wow... Now i would need to upgrade to a better board if i went SLI on these. Pretty sure my UD3R slows dont one PCI-E slot down to 8x once the second card is installed . Tried SLI with another GTX 260 and was getting massive stuttering in all games. Drivers and all were upto date and temps were cool as with one card.

Still kinda want my Gigabyte Super OC 470, bet that card will be around $450-500 itself, might as well go this way.
yea.....two of this card wrecks and overclocking will only make things better.

Question, is voltage tweaking supported on all GTX 460's???? only asking cuz most of the reviews don't use a voltage tweaking software to help achieve a better overclock....only some cards like Asus which came with their own software.

Anyways, yea for like $450-500 i would rather get two of these......but you could pick up a GTX 480 for about that much also

dbee........your motherboard should be able to support it. Is it SLI capable??? all X58 motherboards have 32 PCI-e lanes so don't worry about that....just worry if it can support SLI. When i went X58 i made sure to get a mobo that was CFX/SLI capable just cuz it makes things so much easier down the road

Last edited:

shadows5631

EGO Is My Life!
yea.....two of this card wrecks and overclocking will only make things better.

Question, is voltage tweaking supported on all GTX 460's???? only asking cuz most of the reviews don't use a voltage tweaking software to help achieve a better overclock....only some cards like Asus which came with their own software.

Anyways, yea for like $450-500 i would rather get two of these......but you could pick up a GTX 480 for about that much also

dbee........your motherboard should be able to support it. Is it SLI capable??? all X58 motherboards have 32 PCI-e lanes so don't worry about that....just worry if it can support SLI. When i went X58 i made sure to get a mobo that was CFX/SLI capable just cuz it makes things so much easier down the road

http://www.evga.com/articles/00462/

Works great for me.

It's rumored to work with the 400 series, but I personally haven't tried. There should be an update soon though.

And EVGA Precision is almost a must have. It's sooo much easier to use/monitor than Rivatuner.

pillar

EGO Is My Life!
I was gonna post this info, but figured that I would look into it. Thank goodness that I found your thread. Saves me on creating another post about the same info.

dbee

Supreme Poster
I know the mobo is SLI capable as there was a BIOS update when i bought the board which enabled it. It did not come factory SLI though. Looked around some more and the Gigabyte website states that both run at 16x 16x, but i'm pretty sure i did read somewhere that when both slots are populated, one will run at 8x. I'm unsure of how accurate this is though, could be wrong. Eh, if i am i get to save a few bucks and keep my mobo. If im right, i have an excuse to get an EVGA classified or ASUS rampage.

Getting two of the 1gb models would be awesome. 2x 336 cores = 672cores vs GTX480's 480 cores , for 40 bucks less and if you wanna spend $250/card, you can have 800 mhz core clock factory, nice stuff.

Last edited:

dbee

Supreme Poster
I think this is the way im gonna go once EVGA releases there 1gb models. Call it $229 a piece, for $100 more ill get an extra 224 cores. Yes. Folding.

shadows5631

EGO Is My Life!
After reading a bit more on it, I'm actually very impressed. I'm glad Nvidia is looking more like they did in 2008/early 2009. I'm still curious to see how ATI will lower their prices or maybe even release a new card to compete heads up against this one.

Cut Chem!st

EGO Is My Life!
After reading a bit more on it, I'm actually very impressed. I'm glad Nvidia is looking more like they did in 2008/early 2009. I'm still curious to see how ATI will lower their prices or maybe even release a new card to compete heads up against this one.
Yeah.. the 5770 is the only thing that comes as close to this in price point, and that's bad since the 5770 is way below everything else in benchmarks.

For the price of 1 5870 you can get 2 460s and do a little under the performance of 2x 5870s ><