Western MMO

Alrighty Eastwood fans, who thinks a western MMO would be awsome? A bit like RDR but massive multiplayer. I love the smell of RDR MMO, smells like epic win!

Discuss :)

What features would you like?
What kind of combat?
Weapons?
What kind of easter eggs would you like to see?
etc.

It is too shallow, not enough creativity for weapons, armor, etc.

They are also bound to a loose history, there isn't much room to add whatever they want. People like big bosses, not much you can do with a Wild West setting in that category. There is nothing to "raid" per-say, maybe like big families of the west, but it's a little touchy.

I mean PVP would be Cowboys vs Indians, but there's a political issue stirring there. Then you would have to have Outlaws vs. Sheriffs (... eh) and then you basically have the structure of APB in the wild west.

The best change for something like this would be to throw it in an alternate time-line, and that would give the developers room to throw in something cool.

I would support a Firefly MMO though.

It is too shallow, not enough creativity for weapons, armor, etc.

They are also bound to a loose history, there isn't much room to add whatever they want. People like big bosses, not much you can do with a Wild West setting in that category. There is nothing to "raid" per-say, maybe like big families of the west, but it's a little touchy.

I mean PVP would be Cowboys vs Indians, but there's a political issue stirring there. Then you would have to have Outlaws vs. Sheriffs (... eh) and then you basically have the structure of APB in the wild west.

The best change for something like this would be to throw it in an alternate time-line, and that would give the developers room to throw in something cool.

I would support a Firefly MMO though.

I approve this message. Nuff said.

i'm thinking along the same tone and universe setup as red dead redemption.

same, really hoping they would release RDR on pc but who knows if it would ever happen.

btw love that movie The outlaw Josey wales. "Dont piss dont my back and tell me its raining" "worms gotta eat, same as birds"(spits some chewing tobacco on the forehead of dead bounty hunter)

Would be a terrible idea, the amount of weapons and armor there are, and how LONG the game could last would be incredibly short.

not enough weapons/guns/enemies stuffstuffstuffstuff

Have you guys even played the first game?! The enemy variety in that game was crazy. I would vote for a Red Dead Revolver universe MMO, because of how crazy and supernatural the whole game was.

Would be a terrible idea, the amount of weapons and armor there are, and how LONG the game could last would be incredibly short.

Obvious party-pooper is obvious :p

I actually hate the whole idea of most MMOs "Go kill 500 of these, now go kill 10 more, now go get 100 people to help you kill the huge magical unicorn/dragon/pig/small child:cursing:. I want a game where you have to survive out in the west. No magic, no giants, no aliens, just good-ol'-fashion Eastwood-style western awesomeness. There are plenty of guns and clothing in most western games. They could maybe add the ability to do some customization with your gun, Long or short barrel, scope on rifle or no scope, a stock on your pistol like the bounty hunter from "The Good The Bad and The Ugly" had, possibly some aesthetics like what kind of wood you want the stock of your gun made out of. The clothing possibilities are endless, just as long as people are creative. If anyone here ever played Fallen Earth, think along those lines but no post-apocalyptic wasteland. Oh if only I was rich, :p

I think an MMO with a wild west vibe would be awesome, but just not trying it's best to be true to life.

Some sort of fantasy setting with a wild west feel would be awesome. Kinda like Trigun.

Back