building a gaming computer

klepto

so i am going to build a good gaming computer this summer and was hoping for some help or sugestions from you guys. my price range is 600-1k i really want an affordable computer but i want to be able to play games with good fps like tf2.css.WOW.eve all mostly at highest resolution

Two questions: Are there any parts that you got now that you like to use in a new machine?

Ex. Mouse, keyboard, Monitor, speakers, sound card, OS, hard drives, etc.

You won't be able to play all games at highest resolution and graphics, but then again, it depends on the monitor you'll be using. Smaller monitor = less graphics power needed to display. I'll figure out a list.

well my mouse is mostly likely razer naga, keyboard razer lycosa, idk what speakers yet, my operating sytem i probally want windows 7 and my monitor probally a 22inch led

Okay, I have a few questions.
1. What all do you need, or rather, what all is needed to be purchased with the 600-1000 (USD?)?
2. Are you in the US or Canada or other? If California or other states with tax on Newegg, what is your zip cope (to calculate tax)?

Well I guess that's it.

2pqkf8m.png

I just did this really quick, I'm sure someone else can do something else. Do you not have a current OS disk? A copy of Windows 7 is going to run you $200 more dollars, this price is without that added in.

1. i need every thing for the computer itself. usd. except montior,mouse,keyboard 2.im in the US ya california and zip is 94544

2pqkf8m.png

I just did this really quick, I'm sure someone else can do something else. Do you not have a current OS disk? A copy of Windows 7 is going to run you $200 more dollars, this price is without that added in.
would that be able to run alot of games at high end?

would that be able to run alot of games at high end?
Yes, If you had a little more money I could throw out the 5770 and add a gtx 470 which you probably be a lot more happy with, think you could pull a little more? I'll upload the build with the 470 and show you the price.

Last edited:
Here's the build with the 470, with this added in the rig is awesome. Again, this is without the operating system, so if you don't have a OS disk (you want Windows 7) you'll have to go buy one. Can just go pick up a copy at a lot of stores.

2hgvmdw.png

Last edited:
tnx man and is that all i need for the computer?? and what tools do i need to put it together

Well, you need a DVD drive for your disks and everything, but you can just pull your old one out of your computer. Also you will need a hard drive which you can take out of your old computer also (you'll need to wipe it before hand).

After that, it's pretty much all you need except for the operating system which you'll go buy on your own (200$ for Windows 7), or use a OS you already have. Tools wise you really don't need anything, maybe a anti-static wrist band, which are really cheap but it's not really that needed if you just touch the metal part of the case (not-painted) periodically which will keep you grounded.

Pretty simple, motherboard comes with a manual and everything. (not that you'll really need it)

Last edited:
Your able to take out your old hard-drive/disk drive for your old computer right (no one is going to be using the old one?) If not that will add on to the cost.

Just hope your happy with the current amount of storage on your current hard-drive. Just make sure to wipe it before you take it out.

I would recommend getting a new hard drive if your old one is ide. No use bottle necking all those nice parts with a garbage hard disk. better to do it right the first time.

Back