Orange Box = Beautiful

Rukus.

Website Zealot
You never really notice how breath taking the Source engine is until you take a long look at it. Like these pics.

It makes me sadface that I have to play on low settings :(

VIDEO!

This is the highest settings you can get, and it needs a config.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyQ3wsUnmEw[/ame]

How much do you guys think someone would have to spend to run this with 60+ framerates?

Last edited:

WaterSnake

EGO Is My Life!
Wasn't this from that lowpings.net article on the engie update?

Off-topic.

Yeah, the engine still looks really nice, event though it's approaching the 3 year mark. I can't wait to see what the next engine has to offer.

Rukus.

Website Zealot
Wasn't this from that lowpings.net article on the engie update?

Off-topic.

Yeah, the engine still looks really nice, event though it's approaching the 3 year mark. I can't wait to see what the next engine has to offer.
Nah, I got the pics from "Rock, Paper, Shotgun"

shadows5631

EGO Is My Life!
My game looks exactly like the 'Ultra Settings'.

I would take 1920x1080 over a config any day.

This game is pretty easy to max. You could buy an 8800gt on Ebay for around $80 and easily max it out. It probably wouldn't even need that much.

Cut Chem!st

EGO Is My Life!
I run 1920x1080 on max settings, and it looks like that video.. Constant 60+ fps

q6600 @ 3.0 ghz
Saphire ATI Radeon 5870
4gb G.Skill DDR2 1066

Whole system around $1,200 (bought all the parts when they were new, just added the 5870 a couple of months ago)

Last edited:

bizXn

Famous Poster
I use high Settings and it really looks good. But still Valve uses the same engine for Counter Strike and Half life 2. They need to update it or make another one. Its aged a lot in the past years.