Skill level has nothing to do with promotions. Maturity has everything to do with it. We would rather have someone who can barely play, is a lot of fun and carries with them a sense of integrity, than someone who is PWNTASTIC and acts immature.
In holding ourselves to a higher standard of conduct, we lead by example and it is more likely you will be kicked or banned for rule breaking than someone who hasn't joined the forums.
As a member of eGO, you are responsible for your actions in the entire online gaming world, whether or not you are wearing an EdgeGamers tag. This means that you could be removed from EdgeGamers for bad conduct on servers or forums outside of eGO.
Getting promoted to =(eG)=™ or =(eGO)=™ also has nothing to do with time in the clan. We cannot stress this enough. It is the effort you put into the servers and the contributions you make to the clan.
Some factors we look at include:
1. Your playing time in the servers and love of the game.
2. Your maturity and ability to make the correct decisions in the servers. (Are you ready to switch sides when needed, or do you instead just say "TEAMS"?)
3. Your forum activity - Do you contribute to the clan outside of playing the game? (Some members are promoted only on server time and not on forum activity. People are rarely promoted based on forum activity alone.)
4. Age - Our youngest member is 13, our oldest member is 58. We look at age and try to keep a good balance between older and younger.
5. Location - We might promote Hawaiians, Brits, Euro's and Aussies a bit quicker since we need admin coverage in off hours.
6. Donations do not guarantee a promotion, but they do get you noticed. People who donate are mentioned in the news, allowing others to learn your name quicker and so might watch to see if you meet the 5 above requirements a little quicker than someone who did not make the news.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DONATE TO BE PROMOTED. The vast majority of Admins are not donors.
7. Remember, at the =(e)=™ level, you are NOT an admin yet. So don't try to be. When an =(eG)=™ or (eGO)=™ member is in the server watch how he or she admins.
They will teach you if you just watch. Let them handle the issues on the server.
The Council and Advisors are always watching to see who is ready. We also listen to what other clan members think about a player.
The best way to NEVER get promoted is "ASKING FOR A PROMOTION". Just play and have fun.
Here are things that we check when adding members to the promotion list:
1) MAUL verification (you have no idea how many potentials aren't verified)
2) Server Activity
3) MAUL history (demotions, Leadership notes)
4) Application date (as opposed to forum join date)
5) Forum Activity (2 posts in application thread = not active member)
6) Last visit to forum (Over a few weeks, and it's useless to promote)
7) In game name (Must match forum ID, no house tags, no inappropriate changes)
8) Vent Activity. (If you're never in Ventrilo, we do notice)