having a counter strike souce problem

Havok-NoC

Rookie
hi all im hoping some 1 can help ever since the patch ive been unable to play cs:s every time i do i get disconnected for flooding . ive uninstaled twice and deleted it from the steam folder but it still does it i looked at the log and it says im loading commands which are cheats is there way way to get rid of all user settings and have a full fresh install ? ive noticed when i uninstall and reinstall my settings are remembered is there another folder ?

Last edited:
I have nu clue, but when u uninstall, does it ask to save like gamefiles? Because i would advise u NOT to save them. U could check My games map for any files of css.

no it doesnt it says its leaving some files on the comp i checked steam dir and found css and deleted the folder but its somewhere else :/

If you uninstall, make sure this directory is deleted:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\steamusername\counter-strike source\cstrike\

Inside will be a \cfg\ directory that may be saving your configs or settings. Just delete the entire cstrike directory and start from scratch

no it doesnt it says its leaving some files on the comp i checked steam dir and found css and deleted the folder but its somewhere else :/

Oops, read this after I posted.

In that case I would delete Steam entirely and start fresh, as it may affect other games and as there may be a chance of getting banned if it's as bad as you say

Back