Good low end Graphics

kobold

I made one post
Hey guys,
My friend wants me to build him a computer just for CSS. I really don't know what a good low end graphics card would be. He says he just wants to run it on medium at a moderately high FPS with no FPS drops or lag.
Any Suggestions?
I would assume nVidia is better for a low end graphics card because that's what they seem to be good at.

if you want ultra cheap but still get a good fps with source games try a geforce 9600 or 9800 there both older cards now but can run source games well as long as your cpu isnt rubbish

get a nivida 9800, they are trying to get rid of them on new egg for the 400 series so its a good cheap buy

what about a 4850 or a 5670??? gtx 4xx too much. he probably wants to spend 50-100$ on graphics

ATIs are good but i had a bad experience with a ATI card so i tend to go with Nvidia.
Like i said before most of the Nvidia GeForce 9800s are on sale to make more room for the GTX400 series so a Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+ is not a bad buy, good reviews can play source with everything all the way up, costs 110$ or so, and best of all could play other games if he wanted to play BFBC2 or MW2 sometime in the future.

but cheaper would be a GeForce 9600 or just a 9800 GT, but shop around for what you think is best im just giving advice.

Back