Not open for further replies.

c-whit?

Banned
dodrealismmapcustom.jpg

** All Territory Swaps have been Updated on the Battle Map Above. **

RESULTS

Battle #1 Information:​

Round 1: Axis attacking Finland from Poland on dod_dijon

Axis won their attack bid. However, the Axis attack on Finland from Poland Failed.
Allies win and retain control of Finland!

Round 2: Allies attacking Denmark from Norway on dod_Ludendorff

Allies lost their attack bid. Furthermore, they lost their match and lost the control of Norway.
Axis controls Norway!

Hard Fought Battles Everyone!
Keep Checking the Forums for More Information on Next Week's Battle!

Any suggestions/comments/issues can be PM'd to C-WHiT.​

Last edited:
It was a great first round, and in the end it was awesome, keep up the great work team, we will prevail next time :)

ya, using a sniper map just to hide not really a stable defense :p

but in the end it was fun, :)

next week will be a even more interesting battle. so Be there or be Square!!

always wanted to say that lol..

Im a little confused, and was never reall sure on the rules about attacking and what not, but why did the allies lose a territory for attacking and losing?

Im a little confused, and was never reall sure on the rules about attacking and what not, but why did the allies lose a territory for attacking and losing?

I was wondering the same thing. I was told the rule on the book states that when a team loses an attacking bid they will still attack, however a failed attack after a failed bid results in a loss of points and originating territory. The rule deserves review and I'm pretty confident they'll re-evaluate this one in particular.

Basically, the Allies bid fewer points than the Axis had in Denmark. In RISK terms, it means the Axis rolled more die and had a greater chance to win. In this Campaign, it seems to have meant an automatic counter-attack victory in Norway was awarded to the Axis if they successfully defended Denmark.

Battle terms I think it went like this: Allies attack Denmark with fewer Armies, Axis repels attack, Axis counter-attacks and automatically overruns or scatters retreating Allied forces thus leaving Norway undefended, therefore no need for a battle.

I definitely think their should be a counter-attack initiative, but it clearly shouldn't be an automatic victory. Just another level of depth the administrators will have to take this tournament, best of luck gentlemen :thumbup:

yeah. I never got this either. I was going to ask but thought they were busy enough.

So do you think we could have this explained? For us stupid dumb poeple:p

Cheers,
Kiwi

I definitely think their should be a counter-attack initiative, but it clearly shouldn't be an automatic victory. Just another level of depth the administrators will have to take this tournament, best of luck gentlemen :thumbup:

Something that could be worked on in future tournaments. Atm we have more than enough play time so there will need to be other aspects shifted before something like that could come into play, hence next time. :)

Something that could be worked on in future tournaments. Atm we have more than enough play time so there will need to be other aspects shifted before something like that could come into play, hence next time. :)

Righto, thanks. I do realise that you are ironing this stuff out.:cool:

-Kiwi

It's an incentive to not attack with a minimum number of troops.

Do the CINCs have intelligence on the size of opposition forces (bid points) in enemy territories?

Also, I think it'd be fun to add Wildcards that CINCs can use in a campaign.

For instance, the Allies get a "Patton's Third Army" card that automatically boosts the points of an Allied territory for one week (e.g. Patton reinforces the territory like in the Ardennes).

Maybe either team gets a "Forward Observer/Long Range Reconnaissance " card that reveals the number of points in an enemy territory
Axis get a "Blitzkrieg" card that grants their attack an automatic bid victory and only uses 50% of points.

whoo so much fun

There is a bonus tossed in for the winner of the Euro Realism rounds each time.

man that was too fun! though i kept getting screwed over when i was trying to make my shots its all good! cant wait for next weeks!

I see. I agree with Ron it would be nice, but I also understand that this is a first time deal, and like everything else has to be ironed out. Shoot, I still remember when realism was one map and we had nothing but the realiabilty of the guys to go into spec when they died, and look where we're at today with it, creating 4 week campigans of war!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back