PC compared to console

SgtBeavis

EGO Is My Life!
I have TF2 for 360 and was eventually wanting to get it for PC when I got around to it. I was wondering if it was more tough on PC than on a console. It wont be till I can get a desktop though cause I don't think my laptop would be able to run it. so if you've played on both PC and a Console which is tougher?

Noise

EGO Is My Life!
if you have only played tf2 for the xbox its going to feel like an entire different game.

there are more weapons, item drops, a lot more achievements, custom maps, hats, specific class updates, and more.

its not harder, but it will take a little getting used to. Its MUCH better for pc then tf2 though. :D

dy1an

Famous Poster
...How can you possible play it for 360 o.o i heard they have like none of the newer weapons :O

BlackBird.

EGO Is My Life!
lol, TF2 on the xbox sounds like.... BFBC2 on your mobile phone:p You should play Source based games on the PC:p

SgtBeavis

EGO Is My Life!
lol, TF2 on the xbox sounds like.... BFBC2 on your mobile phone :p
xD I actually lol'd at that I don't know if it has none of the newer weapons or not but the only reason I have it is cause I wanted Portal lol now I just want TF2 on pc since eGO has pretty much torn me away from the console gaming world that I once knew and loved lol now I wanna play it on PC to see actually how different it is

Black_Hawk

Rookie Poster

I think that this thread somehow will end up in a flame war between console gamers and pc gamers (perhaps some mac users will join in) even thought eGO is PC gaming clan i think there's people that have a xbox or a ps3 or whichever console.

Anyway, as noise says, the Xbox version of TF2 is a LOT different from the PC one, no comment about the ps3 one...

Planeswalker

Famous Poster
You want trauma? Try a year with the PS3 version of TF2.

*shudder* Such a dark year...

Anyway, the PC version has an awful lot more simply because Valve has supported PC TF2 a ton through Steam. There are some eventual plans (on Valve time) to release the content on the XBox and as far as I know, the PS3 version exists only because EA, not Valve, wanted it to so there's 0 support there.

But definitely get the PC version. Well worth it.

SgtBeavis

EGO Is My Life!
Thanks guys :) when I get TF2 I'll let you all know I'll need some people to play with once I do get it and I don't think too many people in INS division have it so I'll post here when I do have TF2

Thor

Famous Poster
PC is infinitely better, at least for Source games (in my opinion, all games), than XBOX. Although to be fair I like the controller, I have one for the PC (USB adapter FTW) so that I can play Assassin's Creed with it and other games that work better with it. But I think FPS's are better with keyboard and mouse.
TF2 in particular is better on PC than XBOX just because Valve wuvs the PC and it wasn't them that ported it to XBOX, it was EA. They have no obligation to patch it. Although Steam for PS3 was announced at E3 so that people won't have to play the crappy EA ports on Sony's stuff.

PC FTW

SgtBeavis

EGO Is My Life!
Although Steam for PS3 was announced at E3 so that people won't have to play the crappy EA ports on Sony's stuff.

PC FTW
I remember seeing that it made me want to get the orange box for my ps3 so I would have the steam updates and what not

IrateDonnie

Forum Addict
TF2 on the 360 isn't bad. It just doesn't have any of the updates or new maps, so pc is the way to go. It is easier to learn how to play on the 360 though with the smaller teams.

Kevimaster

EGO Is My Life!
The Differences are

PC:

Tons of 100% free DLCs
Adding new weapons
new maps
new gamemodes
new items
new mechanics
bug fixes
balancing fixes
keyboard+mouse (my opinion its much better)
dedicated servers
custom maps
custom weapon skins
custom character skins
custom sounds
modifications (Surf (not really a mod, but doesn't work without ded servers or custom maps), TF2Ware, a Sidescrolling mod, Rocket Jump mod, prophunt and much, much more.)
Server Admins
Adjustable FoV (the FoV in the Xbox version looks terrible IMHO)
Tons of really fun convars to mess with :p

Xbox 360:

Glitches
laggy servers
small number of servers
about 5 maps
lack of all the stuff mentioned in the PC area :p

Naku_vamp

Website Zealot
its a whole different game pretty much anything valve makes its going to be better on pc because they are primary a pc game developer much like how company that basically only cater to consoles there pc ports are usually not very good

Cut Chem!st

EGO Is My Life!
Although Steam for PS3 was announced at E3 so that people won't have to play the crappy EA ports on Sony's stuff.
Not steam, just Steamworks. They aren't getting any updates for tf2 or anything, just getting a good version of portal 2.

crazyrockets

Website Zealot
As I own a pc, a mac (actually a dell mini 10v with osx 10.6), and a xbox, I would have to say pc over mac, mac over xbox.
Thats right, I would prefer to play tf2 on my dell mini 10v netbook than on a xbox!!!

Discuss:

Darth

Website Legend
=(eGO)=
Yea, IMO FPS are best on PC, unless you are used to them playing wise. Its just so much more easier to aim and to control.