Waiting on GPU

After a week of messing with my new GTX460, I RMA'd it Friday, it should be in early this week. In the meantime, I thought I would upload some process pics of filthy case, and my new power supply. I hadn't opened my case for about 3 years, or more and the dust bunnies had been screwing like rabbits in my case...

IMG_2285.jpg

New power supply and faulty card.

IMG_2288.jpg

dude, that 460 is intense. but on the dust bunnies... wow. way to lose performance and component life :facewall:

You should have seen the inside of the case, they were running around!!! I used half a can of air inside, then I realized it was spawning from the front of the case, then I popped it off and found all of that...

Is that dust? or just fur growing inside your case??? xD J/K BTW that's a good power supply!!! 750W is enough!

I clean my case / parts every 3 months >.< I don't like the dust + It just overheat my PC

ew dude.... that looks more like mold than dust......

any who....... i win

trolololol-lolol-lolol.... trolololol-lolol-lolol

That has to be the most filthiest case I ever saw in my life. If anyone else has a much worse example, say no more. :p

Air dusting won't do anything but put the dust back in your room to be sucked back into your case over time. You have to hit that with a vacuum!

And I hope you dusted outside, or else you may have developed asthma.

omg thats the most nastiest freaking dusty computer I've seen in my life. One heck of a lack of performance omg stoned

Yea, i just poured all that dust back into my room so I could inhale it. Lol, I vacuumed. I don't fix things that aren't broken, I guess that philosophy applies to cleaning my case as well.

is the 460 any good? what are the temps like? the 460 came out a few days after i got my 470 which ticked me off a little but im happy with it all the same, it runs really hot tho

benchies from my pc

Heaven Benchmark (powered by Unigine)
idk why it wouldnt let me use my native resolution but o well (1920x1200)

Idle temp - ~40C (thats while i use the computer. when the computer goes into idle mode where i havent touched it in a while, it stays about 35C because the card underclocks itself to save energy and lower the temp)
Full load - ~60C

FPS: 30.0
Scores: 756
Min FPS: 3.2 (i believe this was because when it switches scenes but o well still a kick awesome card. :p)
Max FPS: 62.6

Binary: Windows 32bit Visual C++ 1500 Release May 21 2010
Operating system: Windows 7 (build 7600) 64bit
CPU model: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 940 Processor
CPU flags: 3000MHz MMX+ 3DNow!+ SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSE4A HTT
GPU model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 8.17.12.5896 768Mb

Render: direct3d11
Mode: 1600x1200 2xAA fullscreen
Shaders: high
Textures: high
Filter: trilinear
Anisotropy: 2x