Starcraft 2 is near! Don't abandon TF2!

s3rv0

Famous
Text from friend: "Sign at Walmart says Starcraft 2 comes out 7/27/17."
My reply: "7/27/17? I didn't know Valve took over Starcraft 2."
Friend: "Oh I mean 7/27/10"

Jokes aside, just a friendly reminder that, on the verge of a what is surely to be a computer gaming milestone, don't abandon us here at eGO. We need to keep the servers admin'ed, full, and most importantly, fun for all. :)

note: starcraft 2 time is like valve time. only cubed. this equation helps:

Valvetime^3=Starcraft 2

i still think he was right the first time. 7 more years sounds about right... let's see....
7/27/10... that would be "in the coming weeks" which is about 5 months, which is about .5 of a year!
.5^3=.125

wait... that can't be righ-but i did the math, uhh- give me a second. *ahem*
I apologize. it appears you are correct that Starcraft 2 will come out soon. very soon, relative to Valvetime apparently.

well have fun with it guys! I'll stay here with my videos and my games and my videogames... I'm not at all interested in StarCraft 2 :p

Last edited:
i dont have the money to get it this month plus i wanted to wait until its out and ppl put vids on. so youll have 1 admin at least ;P

If valve makes it so you dont have to pay monthly or yearly just to play the game then I may play that game occasionally, but thats it TF2 is still #1 in my book.

who cares about that? sc2 fails :p

now when blizzard releases diablo 3 then our server numbers should drop. :D

If valve makes it so you dont have to pay monthly or yearly just to play the game then I may play that game occasionally, but thats it TF2 is still #1 in my book.

A) It's blizzard, not valve, and
B) Battle.net has always been free. It's an RTS; a monthly subscription would be stupid.

To be honest, my thought is that not many of the fps divisions will be affected much. If you're primarily playing fps games all the time, RTS will seem slow paced, and not that much fun. I used to love starcraft, but with my terrible net connection, I can't actually play with people online; just through LAN. However, next year, I might make a foray over there when I get a better connection.

I am mainly interested in Starcraft 2 for the new map editor. I want to make an epic recreation of World War I, where you can actually historically change the outcome of the war depending on who wins under certain conditions.

I tried doing it for the first Starcraft, but the units limit on each map made it very difficult.

actually i believe there is a monthly fee for online play which sounds very blizzard like they will squeeze any amount of money they can out of you just because they can...idk if that is still true but early on it was said

I am mainly interested in Starcraft 2 for the new map editor. I want to make an epic recreation of World War I, where you can actually historically change the outcome of the war depending on who wins under certain conditions.

I tried doing it for the first Starcraft, but the units limit on each map made it very difficult.

Change the outcome of WWII so that the Zerg defeat the evil Protoss at Omaha beach.

Well if thats the case, I actually enjoy games like Age of empires 3 which is very very close to SC2 and was the first online game I started playing. I like games like these and wouldnt mind playing it every so often :p.

Back