FPSbanana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panzer1509

EGO Is My Life!
I recently download stuff from FPSbanana and at this moment i am fixing the whole thing from virus. DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM FPSbanana. This is my warning, written from my PS3. Panzer out.

Mikkel

EGO Is My Life!
I wouldn't go as far as to not to download anything from FPSbanana. However I would make sure to do a virus scan because running anything downloaded from FPSbanana.

Talez

Rookie Poster
Hm, FPSBanana has been around for a long time, and I never have had any problem with it.

I'd recommend doing thorough scans though.

Power

Website Zealot
I've been downloading from FPSbanana for the past 4 months and I never scan them. Luckily, I don't have virus yet. I guess its time to start scanning.

Simon

Website Legend
=(eGO)=
Are you sure it was from FPSB?

It might have only been the be one file, you can't just jump up saying it's all infected

DanJK

EGO Is My Life!
=(eGO)=
I dont download much from FPSbanana aside from the odd map that wont seem to download ingame, so I dont think theres much to worry about, but I guess i should start scanning them aswell:)

But like Mikkel said, I wouldnt go as far as saying not to download from there, as it has a lot of good content, just make sure what you download is safe and clear for virus's before you use it.

frap

EGO Is My Life!
http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=138822

From trykael
guys - there is no reason to badmouth a site that has been good for years. it may have been a false positive, or maybe it was a virus on a single download. either way, the scare is over - several people have tested the site this evening and everything looks clean. Please just use good browsing sense...have an up-to-date virus scanner AND spyware/malware blocker running, only download stuff you are sure is safe, and in general just be careful!!

-King.exe

Website Zealot
What trykael said
FPSbanana has been a good for years. Of course there are some viruses but you could say that about every site on which you can download something

Status
Not open for further replies.