FPSbanana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panzer1509

Poster Extraordinaire
I recently download stuff from FPSbanana and at this moment i am fixing the whole thing from virus. DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM FPSbanana. This is my warning, written from my PS3. Panzer out.

I wouldn't go as far as to not to download anything from FPSbanana. However I would make sure to do a virus scan because running anything downloaded from FPSbanana.

Hm, FPSBanana has been around for a long time, and I never have had any problem with it.

I'd recommend doing thorough scans though.

I've been downloading from FPSbanana for the past 4 months and I never scan them. Luckily, I don't have virus yet. I guess its time to start scanning.

Are you sure it was from FPSB?

It might have only been the be one file, you can't just jump up saying it's all infected

I dont download much from FPSbanana aside from the odd map that wont seem to download ingame, so I dont think theres much to worry about, but I guess i should start scanning them aswell:)

But like Mikkel said, I wouldnt go as far as saying not to download from there, as it has a lot of good content, just make sure what you download is safe and clear for virus's before you use it.

http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=138822

From trykael
guys - there is no reason to badmouth a site that has been good for years. it may have been a false positive, or maybe it was a virus on a single download. either way, the scare is over - several people have tested the site this evening and everything looks clean. Please just use good browsing sense...have an up-to-date virus scanner AND spyware/malware blocker running, only download stuff you are sure is safe, and in general just be careful!!

What trykael said
FPSbanana has been a good for years. Of course there are some viruses but you could say that about every site on which you can download something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back