Can anyone pyro like this?

Well...rocketjumping as a Pyro is fairly common amongst the better Pyros.

Nothing new, really.

Ummmm is it me or did he only get 1 kill after that rocket jump. Sure its fancy and you can say look at me i can rocket jump as pyro, but why would you want to if it causes you to die after 1 kill, pretty worthless imo.

its not that useful IMO, the amount of practice to do that is massive, the time it takes to position yourself and airblast the rocket to where you want it to shoot so you can jump where you need to go makes it really hard to do so, also when your fighting 3 other people the last thing you should do is rocket jump, if your low on health run, rocket jumping would kill you, also rocket jumping doesn't really hurt anyone else but you, ever see a soldier rocket jump while fighting 3 other people normally? its really rare and whoever is doing the rocket jumping always dies. Sure if there is a stray rocket and no one is near you its ok, but in the heat of a big competitive match its pretty pointless.

headshotting a scout in mid air with someone elses reflect arrow, now thats impressive >.>
and not just cause i did it >.>

The best pyros know that rocketjumping as a pyro is nearly worthless.

Your life is a precious thing and should not be wasted merely going from point A to B. Yes, you can can plop yourself down in the middle of people and spray around for a kill, but you'll end up landing with about 25 life left.

Reflect those rockets back at the soldier shooting you and get 3-4 kills per life rather than one surprising one.

lol, hes no PROro, thats B||oodsire :p

He could do that stuff consistently after only 30 hours playing as Pyro lol, hes a pretty amazing player.

The best pyros know that rocketjumping as a pyro is nearly worthless.

Your life is a precious thing and should not be wasted merely going from point A to B. Yes, you can can plop yourself down in the middle of people and spray around for a kill, but you'll end up landing with about 25 life left.

Reflect those rockets back at the soldier shooting you and get 3-4 kills per life rather than one surprising one.

Pyro has 175 health. How do you land with only 25 left?
Also, soldiers shouldn't rocket jump either because of self-inflicting damage right?

There's also a difference between 32 player Blackmesa and 6V6 competitive play. If you didn't notice he killed the medic which I'm pretty sure is very important in a competitive match. The pyro in the video didn't seem that worthless to me.

Also, soldiers shouldn't rocket jump either because of self-inflicting damage right?

There's also a difference between 32 player Blackmesa and 6V6 competitive play. If you didn't notice he killed the medic which I'm pretty sure is very important in a competitive match. The pyro in the video didn't seem that worthless to me.

Medics are worthless beings of consequence. Also known as Spycrabs disguised as Medics :D

What TP said is kinda what I was thinking, if it's a 6 vs 6, usually they won't have 4 medics, maybe 1 or two that is pretty pro, if the pyro takes him down, well the other team is in trouble for a good 10 second, enough time for the other team to cap central and get the advantage. But if it was a 32 vs 32, i have to say it was pretty useless.

Well, 50-75 damage from the first RJ blast, 50-100 damage from falling from a greater height than soldiers can ever get...

At best he has 75 life, at worst he kills himself. It usually end up around 25-35.

And yes, I noticed he finished off the nearly dead medic. He could've done the same and lived by playing it safe. Had he come up through that small door on the right, he could've of killed the medic and had enough life left to either escape or kill some others.

What TP said is kinda what I was thinking, if it's a 6 vs 6, usually they won't have 4 medics, maybe 1 or two that is pretty pro, if the pyro takes him down, well the other team is in trouble for a good 10 second, enough time for the other team to cap central and get the advantage. But if it was a 32 vs 32, i have to say it was pretty useless.

there is a 1 medic cap in 6v6 >.>

+1
Im just glad i wasn't the only one that noticed this

And yes, I noticed he finished off the nearly dead medic. He could've done the same and lived by playing it safe. Had he come up through that small door on the right, he could've of killed the medic and had enough life left to either escape or kill some others.
You try being a ninja anything is a 6v6 match.

No really, go ahead, try it.

Ummmm is it me or did he only get 1 kill after that rocket jump. Sure its fancy and you can say look at me i can rocket jump as pyro, but why would you want to if it causes you to die after 1 kill, pretty worthless imo.

In 6v6 medic is the back bone of the team, there for he's the primary target. Now that the pyro got him dead, his team has the upper hand. That "worthless, fancy pyro" just may won the round for his team as the enemy now has to retreat from the middle, not getting healed and wait their medic to respawn for about 15 seconds. And that is a long time since there is no 15 other guys stopping the enemy team like in public play, but 5 unhealed ones.

This. If you lose a medic first thing in a mid fight its about an %80 chance your going to lose the mid point, and about %50 chance that you will lose the game altogether. Being that far behind on ubercharge later for the spire fight on badlands will disastrous. Just to reiterate 6v6 comp is not equal to 16v16 mesa.

Back