Insurgency class request

I dont know if you instructors take requests, but if you do I'd like to cover squad movement (bound and cover) and general building clearing. It seems like most of the time people get killed is when were moving or clearing, not when were just sitting there securing an objective or providing security.

Thanks

This game doesn't allow stuff like that. I mean. Moving as a team just means your RPG bait. And people aren't patient enough to wait for someone to cover them. The game is just too fast-paced for realism tactics. That's my opinion anyway. But it would be interesting to see what rt comes up with.

Last edited:
Well in real life you spread out 10-20 meters so that doesnt happen. It cant be totally realistic since theres no air strikes or artillary but logical squad movement can cut back on deaths anyway

I think I'm with Yeti on some of the realism training aspects. While it is important to support your teammates, this game is a touch too fast to really plan out movements and covering. However, I love the idea for training on going in to rooms/buildings. I know I definitely need some more practice/advice in that.

I think I'm with Yeti on some of the realism training aspects. While it is important to support your teammates, this game is a touch too fast to really plan out movements and covering. However, I love the idea for training on going in to rooms/buildings. I know I definitely need some more practice/advice in that.

Quite easy, just look through any entrances, glance out, see someone, glance right back in. You could either A) Chunk a grenade B)Rush in real quick, prone or crouch, and spray and pray. GG

Squad tactics don't work so well in pub games, solely because nearly everyone on your team is running around in circles doing their own thing. They're actually really fun in the more serious matches though, such as the ones we did in ESL. For example, I remember plenty of times that Team 2 used bounding overwatch to get from place to place, even though we didn't really call it that.

Like I said, though... Good luck getting it to work in pub games that don't matter, with teams that don't really care.

A single buddy team can win the game (hell most of the time I don't even have a buddy), so I think teaching basic IMT is a good idea. I don't think it's a good idea at the squad level, but little groups of players who have a little bit of training is an improvement over having a mob on line advance across the field (or worse, hunker down and let the enemy overwhelm them).

I remeber a very good piece of advice Hammer passed at a ... err.... no idea what event it was.
It was about three-man-team tactics, we did it on the office map.
rt was there also, most likely he'll remember and be able pass that on. Or maybe hammer himself will do :)

A single buddy team can win the game (hell most of the time I don't even have a buddy), so I think teaching basic IMT is a good idea. I don't think it's a good idea at the squad level, but little groups of players who have a little bit of training is an improvement over having a mob on line advance across the field (or worse, hunker down and let the enemy overwhelm them).

Approved .

Back