CSS Config

Hey guys, a few weeks ago, I tried out a config, now I have decided that it is not for me, so I was hoping to restore CSS back to what it was originally.
I deleted the autoexec.cfg file, and I doesn't seem to have worked. I reinstalled it too. :facewall:
I'm really a noob at this stuff, so any help would be more than welcome.

You need to delete the file config.cfg as well. Then the next time you play the defaults will be reloaded. Give that a try and let me know if it works.

Hmmm, didn't think it would go under tech cause it was CSS related, but....

I tried what you guys said, and nothing, I can only see my own spray and the generic target spray, any ideas guys?

Could you paste the contents of the autoexec.cfg file for me? If I'm correct about this, it may have something to do with "Steam Cloud" (Depending on what was in the file) since CSS uses the "Cloud" now and Steam Cloud saves all your video-multiplayer-servers-and various other settings into a 1-MB storage bin which only changes every time you exit a game and steam synchronizes with the "Cloud".

I just took a look at Fathom's config thing and all I can say is, WOW. That's a truck load of commands, some of which i never used/heard of. I don't think most of those commands will save onto the cloud, but I'm not sure. Some of them (Like mat_picmip 2 for texture quality) should save.

One thing I can say to try is go into your games list, right-click on css, click properties, then click on the update tab in the properties window for css and un-check "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for CSS"

Ok, one last thing i can say is this.
Go to your C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username\counter-strike source and delete the folder called "cstrike". BUT FIRST if you have custom maps, sprays, sounds, etc. I suggest you copy them to a temporary location unless you want to re-download them all over again.

Deleting this folder will delete all custom content, including custom command values, and next time you start css, it will re-create the folder and put all the default stuff in it.

Dude...you are doing something wrong. If you deleted your cfg folder, everything reverts back to default, that's how steam works.

Back