Alien Swarm Mapping?

I'm working on some stuff currently, but I'd really like to give this a shot later on. It's always good to get a wide variety of experience!

ya i already took a look at it. and messed about in hammer it is a bit if a mind!@#$ when your used to mapping for a normal fps in hammer but hopefully i can get something worth while out of it.

EDIT:

in game there is a tool called tilegen that lets you pieces together maps from pre configured tiles but i know most people wont go this route since it really hinders you on creativity and you would have to detail later anyways.

here is the full article on valve dev community.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Category:Alien_Swarm

Last edited:
It looks pretty neat. I think I'll try my hand at it at some point.
The original campaign was missing a 'survival' level...

Talking about Tile Gen, its used to put pieces that you made or what Valve made into a map. Meaning you can make your own prefab squares and use them in the Tile-Gen software to create maps.

Meh, Kinda seems more complicated than mapping for normal games. But I might give it a try sometime :)

~Beanie

Wow that camera really does put things into perspective and makes making it a bit more complex. You have to think, "Is the camera going to be able to see the player?"

Wow that camera really does put things into perspective and makes making it a bit more complex. You have to think, "Is the camera going to be able to see the player?"

kinda you just need to use your head

such as for south facing wall you could put some props down in front so the player cant hack into the wall out of the camera view or the wall can be slanted to allow line of sight of the camera or just not use a wall just have a drop up with a fence or rail.

a la

Swarm-Southwalls01.jpg
Swarm-Southwalls02.jpg

Swarm-Southwalls03.jpg

Last edited:
Back