Need some headphone help

QuickSkope

Famous Poster
I was looking at the CarCarious by RaZer. They seemed great, but then a bunch of people said they were bad.

So Im looking into some headsets, and need some advice, 100$ is my limit. (give or take)

ive looked at these 3:

Tritton AX51 PC PRo

RaZer CarCarious

SteelSeries 5H V2.

Please recommend more!

RamenNoodle

Rookie Poster
I've got the Razers, exchanged them during some microphone troubleshooting after about 10 months of ownership. Turns out nothing was wrong with the headphones/microphone and so far I have to say they are the most comfortable and durable headphones I've owned yet. Sound quality is great, though I don't own a high end sound card so I can't say what their full potential is in comparison to the other products you've listed.

Can't say anything about them when comparing price, I bought them with an employee discount. :)

Passerby

2007 was a great year.
akg k701

or a

sennheiser HD 203

you wont get anything better sounding except with studio monitors

StormRage

Poster
I'm rockin standard ipod headphones lol. :p Only cause my turtles beaches broke. :(

I've heard Trition's are amazing though.

Carmen Miranda

Active Poster
AKG K240s here.
I got my first set in 1994 and just replaced them 2 years ago because the cord broke.

They are comfy and sound amazing.

Bauer24x

Active Poster
Buy the RaZer CarCarious. I got one on my head right now, and it's amazing. it got great sound, and the headmuffs feel soo good on my ears. i got the best comfort ever!!!

Passerby

2007 was a great year.
AKG K240s here.
I got my first set in 1994 and just replaced them 2 years ago because the cord broke.

They are comfy and sound amazing.
most new one's and all of there studio ones have detachable cords

and use fairly common cables

mini xlr to 1.8inch trs cables

Bauer24x

Active Poster
I Love Razor Period. It has great Sound, and the comfort is amazing. It's like 5.1 Surrond Sound, and i can hear game/vent and things around my house like girlfriend/mom/brother calling me i don't have to say what i can't hear you lol!!!

RamenNoodle

Rookie Poster
I Love Razor Period. It has great Sound, and the comfort is amazing. It's like 5.1 Surrond Sound, and i can hear game/vent and things around my house like girlfriend/mom/brother calling me i don't have to say what i can't hear you lol!!!
I don't know about this, I can't hear anything BUT what's going on in game or Vent, lol. The seal is so good around the ears that it does a great job of sealing out everything else IMO.

Directional hearing is great, but does leave some room for improvement. Can't really describe it other then there have been some points (when listening for footsteps for instance) that things have gotten a little misguided. ;)