My new gun project

I'm going to get the Uberti single action cattleman (Clone of the Colt SAA) because I want to shoot it and spending the $1000 on a true Colt for every day shooting is a bit stupid :p. I plan to make the "Hand of God" from "3:10 to Yuma". What does eGO think of my project? The picture on the left is what I am buying and the picture on the right is it will look like when I am finished. I won't have the money to buy the revolver until next year, but it's something to look forward to :).

I did the math and if I put away $10 a week I will have the money in a year :D

Guns are like tools, they were meant for one purpose. I don't know about you, but I don't dress up my hammers and screw drivers. If this gun is going to be a beater, for nothing more than target practice, why not keep it stock? Maybe if it is not so expensive or time consuming, but I for one never will pay just to make my guns look pretty. I think I am going to go put a barbie skirt on my hammer.

/rant

In the end- your gun, do what you want. Revolver grips are pretty cheap anyway.

Guns are like tools, they were meant for one purpose. I don't know about you, but I don't dress up my hammers and screw drivers. If this gun is going to be a beater, for nothing more than target practice, why not keep it stock? Maybe if it is not so expensive or time consuming, but I for one never will pay just to make my guns look pretty. I think I am going to go put a barbie skirt on my hammer.

/rant

Well then don't "dress up" your guns. Just because guns are my passion and I feel the need for my revolver to stand out doesn't mean yours needs to. If you put my "Hand of God" on a table with 12,000 other plain peacemakers, mine will be the eye catcher. When I go to the range people will remember the gun I had. I have always been one to stand out from the crowd. In the times when every man carried one of these and his life was reliant it, the most famous and infamous gunmen almost always had personalized guns. Some like to be plain and some like to stand out. nuff' said.

/rant

Why build your own computer, why not just buy HP/Dell or anyone else?
Why put aftermarket parts on your car, instead of leaving it at factory settings?
Why decorate your room/house/apartment instead of just putting in your furniture and calling it 'good'?
/Rant
Why? It's this thing called expression. Creativity. Individuality.
That's why.
/Rant for real this time

I think it'd look pretty good, but you'd have to paint the metal parts of the gun, too. It'd still look good if you just made the handle, though.

1.Why build your own computer, why not just buy HP/Dell or anyone else?
2.Why put aftermarket parts on your car, instead of leaving it at factory settings?
3.Why decorate your room/house/apartment instead of just putting in your furniture and calling it 'good'?
/Rant
Why? It's this thing called expression. Creativity. Individuality.
That's why.
/Rant for real this time

I think it'd look pretty good, but you'd have to paint the metal parts of the gun, too. It'd still look good if you just made the handle, though.

I don't quite understand what your getting at here.

1. Because it is cheaper?
2. More performance. Fuel efficiency? Because some people think having a decked out car makes you cool?
3. Because a house is not a tool?

I'm sorry I hurt anyone's feelings. Maybe when you guys get older you will understand that having a decked out gun doesn't make you cool. But a decked out hammer will!!!

3663clawhammer.jpg

DrBlackJack leave him alone.

I think it will come out cool providing you can get it done and leave the gun in working condition. And then you can go to the range have good aim and maybe flick it around for the other shooters to see. Then they would be like 0.0. Or the gamers would be like "Oh s***! Its OCELOT!!!!!!!!"

2. More performance. Fuel efficiency? Because some people think having a decked out car makes you cool?

I'm sorry I hurt anyone's feelings. Maybe when you guys get older you will understand that having a decked out gun doesn't make you cool. But a decked out hammer will!!!

3663clawhammer.jpg

Not always. Try building a $400 computer including Operating System (not Linux)
So? The speed limit is still 60-70 tops. And whooo, 2 more mpg's. :O
You clearly missed the point.
You didn't hurt my feelings, I was just trying to make a point. Saying something like 'when you guys get older you will understand' is just rude and a little immature, especially when you missed the whole point of what I was trying to say.
Nice photoshop skillz :p

^ Dey see me trollin, Dey hatin, moderatin tryna catch meh postin derrty. :p

I feel if I save my money to buy the revolver I can do whatever I want to it :) I don't see how giving a revolver custom grips makes it stupid or less deadly.

This is the closest finish that Uberti makes. The color on the actual "Hand of God" is from what I have been told, patina. But I don't know if that's true of not.

Ugh guns, they should all be destroyed including knives.

I hope that was a joke. If not this isn't the place to be spewing your anti-2nd amendment stuff, remember no politics on these forums. This is a thread with opinions on my next gun project, not your feelings on gun laws.

I'm going to get the Uberti single action cattleman (Clone of the Colt SAA) because I want to shoot it and spending the $1000 on a true Colt for every day shooting is a bit stupid :p. I plan to make the "Hand of God" from "3:10 to Yuma". What does eGO think of my project? The picture on the left is what I am buying and the picture on the right is it will look like when I am finished. I won't have the money to buy the revolver until next year, but it's something to look forward to :).

I did the math and if I put away $10 a week I will have the money in a year :D

Looks pretty awesome in my opinion :thumbup1:

If anyone is wondering why I am only gonna put away $10 it's because it won't dent my money for buying things I need. If I put away a large sum of money sure I can get the gun faster, but I will need to go easy on buying other things :). Oh any DrBackJack, your sig is one of the best I have read in a long time. Simply because I was raised catholic and I'm a huge gun guy :D

/rant

I don't quite understand why you are giving the OP crap about spending a little extra money to personalize a revolver. Especially coming from a guy that dropped over $1000 on a scope for an AR-15 (cool gun btw :p)

AIAW chambered in 30-338 (338 lapua necked down to .30) With 97.3gr of H1000 it will push 240 SMKs past 3000fps. Less drop under 1200 yards than a .50 BMG.
59728922.jpg

MK12 Mod1 and SDMR clones. The Mod1 is chambered in 6mm BRX (6mm BR improved.) Its good out to 1000 yards with 105 VLDs. I get some funny looks when people see me knocking the gongs at 1000 yards with a AR15.
59728907.jpg

Back