Insurgency is failing to launch

Gunney

Forum Fiend
Well... i go to launch insurgency and the little black box that says "Preparing to launch" shows up for about 3 seconds and closes. Nothing happens, it doesnt launch insurgency. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, i've restarted steam, i've restarted my computer, i've verified my cache files for ins, and i've defragged ins. I cant think of anything else to do, so im asking you guys if you have any clue what to do about this. I've hardly found anything helpful on google. This used to happen to my other games but it usually cleared up by itself after a few hours. I wont be on INS until i get this fixed. So come on computer gurus im calling for assistance. Lastly, I hate steam.

What about blob files? Delete them, try it out. If that doesn't work, delete the Insurgency folder inside of Insurgency and then verify the files. Remember to save your maps folder though, if you don't want to download all those new maps. If that doesn't work, let me know.

Go to C:/Program Files/Steam and delete clientregistry.blob and restart steam. Steam will rebuild the blob file on launch.

If the blob file doesn't work, even though there's a great chance that it will, always try reinstalling your game.

If the blob file doesn't work, even though there's a great chance that it will, always try reinstalling your game.

Ok, i reinstalled steam, it still doesnt work. I deleted the blob file and went to start ins and it still wont work. This is depressing lol.

Last edited:
uninstall INS then reinstall it like Baen said it should work or you could try rebooting ur computer

That didn't work either kyuki. It starts the launcher and then does nothing. I've exhausted all possibilities for this and am not sure what im going to do... dont forget as well that this is a steam problem, NONE of my games will launch.

Last edited:
This issue happens usually with users who have more than 1 steam account on a computer. Common when you share a computer with a brother or sister for example.

The only known solution is a clean windows install

This issue happens usually with users who have more than 1 steam account on a computer. Common when you share a computer with a brother or sister for example.

The only known solution is a clean windows install

Well this is the only steam account that resides in my home. The bad part is i JUST put windows 7 on this fresh new pc and the very same day i installed steam. That's what i feared and i know thats all i can do at this point. Even if it takes me having to do that, i will be back to play with you guys again.

Last edited:
gunney, have you tried to uninstall steam, everything, go back to square one, then simply reinstall steam, log into steam, and upload insurgency and any other steam games you have, do the whole maul id over again, all that good stuff??????????

never mind, reread a few of the other posts, you did that, ummmmmmmmm what about checking things like your firewall( make sure steam isn't blocked), any possible setting that may have changed when you uploaded window 7 that could be simply blocking steam or your games, something like that, just a out in left field guess. are the correct ports open with your p2p, crazy lil things like that?

I'm seeing this as a steam registry problem, you know, every game has their own unique id, but steam isn't/wanting to run the that current id. Have you tried registry mechanic and such?

I'm seeing this as a steam registry problem, you know, every game has their own unique id, but steam isn't/wanting to run the that current id. Have you tried registry mechanic and such?

its not any certain game, it's EVERY game. And KC i've checked my firewall.

Back