Lead and Gold: gangs of the Wild West (free weekend)

Mystery Penguin

Poster Extraordinaire
http://store.steampowered.com/app/42120/

After falling in love with the wild west setting, and being told that this has similar game mechanics to TF2, I wanted to see if the game is any good.

Now I can with the NEW FREE WEEKEND!
The free weekend is a result of a patch that is giving dedicated server support.

Also, a discount on the game has been issued, from $15 USD to $7.50 USD

EDIT: Lag is still a huge issue

Last edited:
dled this..
but the online is messed up atm, can never connect to a server, and every server that i have the ability to connect to is always full.

Tried it out, but I wasn't surprised why there were so few players. They have poor dedicated servers and if you do find a server the connection is terrible. As for the game play, it is not comparable to TF2.

The only thing they have in common is their game modes. If anything, its like a bad version of CS and Counterstrike is a much older game. I played for 30 minutes to give it a shot since i love Western themes, but I expected more - uninstalled. :p

Tried it out, but I wasn't surprised why there were so few players. They have poor dedicated servers and if you do find a server the connection is terrible. As for the game play, it is not comparable to TF2.

The only thing they have in common is their game modes. If anything, its like a bad version of CS and Counterstrike is a much older game. I played for 30 minutes to give it a shot since i love Western themes, but I expected more - uninstalled. :p
The controls are clunky and hard to get used to as well.

This poor game just doesn't seem to have a big user base. The list I was getting was only slightly bigger than the game list I would get on the PS3 (not even enough to scroll down), and then the server search seemed flawed, because it wont show me every server it seemed like. It would show me some, and then some others when I would refresh. And no game had a ping below 80. And the one's below 100 had 1 person in it.

Poor game. It really is fun, but like Section 8 and Blacklight : Tango Down, it's failing due to player interest.

This poor game just doesn't seem to have a big user base. The list I was getting was only slightly bigger than the game list I would get on the PS3 (not even enough to scroll down), and then the server search seemed flawed, because it wont show me every server it seemed like. It would show me some, and then some others when I would refresh. And no game had a ping below 80. And the one's below 100 had 1 person in it.

Poor game. It really is fun, but like Section 8 and Blacklight : Tango Down, it's failing due to player interest.
Actually right now they are having too many problems because there are too many dedicated servers, over 5k people are trying to play. They are working on a patch now though.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=860

According to the game's official website, the free weekend was extended through today due to the server issues that a lot of players experienced.

I have to admit, despite still struggling with the controls at times and having issues with finding low ping matches, the game does offer some real fun once everything comes together. The wild west theme is nicely realized and when you've got a full match, the action can be really frenetic. Problem is, all of the necessary elements don't always fall into place. As much enjoyment as the game offers, I honestly hope the devs continue to work on improving it and the community doesn't fade before the game hits its stride. It can really be a blast.

Back