FPS range is Big.

BlackBird.

Poster Extraordinaire
Hello,

Since i bought a new CPU my FPS are way higher, but the FPS range is higher too.
Its always switching between 70 and 200 FPS. IS there a way to just keep is contantly at about 150FPS? Or between 100 and 150 FPS?

~Bird.

Short answer is no. Your FPS will vary depending on how much work your video card is doing.

Basically more action = Lower FPS.

If you want a constant FPS, then just enable V Sync. It locks your FPS to the maximum refresh rate of your monitor (Most likely 60).

Short answer is no. Your FPS will vary depending on how much work your video card is doing.

Basically more action = Lower FPS.

If you want a constant FPS, then just enable V Sync. It locks your FPS to the maximum refresh rate of your monitor (Most likely 60).

that explains a lot. i was wondering why some games are jumping all over the place and others sit at 60. be careful with some games tho, ive had some really bad lag problems with Trine, Red nation and Red Faction: Guerrilla after enabling V Sync

Hello,

Since i bought a new CPU my FPS are way higher, but the FPS range is higher too.
Its always switching between 70 and 200 FPS. IS there a way to just keep is contantly at about 150FPS? Or between 100 and 150 FPS?

~Bird.

If your refresh rate is 60Hz, why do you want any more frames, you probably get terribly frame tear. Just enable V-Sync. Some games' V-Sync doesn't work, such as Dead Space. Well, it didn't at launch, anyway, I don't know if it was patched since.

Back