Whats a good Tempurature?

Hey guys what temperature should my computer be running at while playing games? I checked it and while playing TF2 it maxed at 42 degrees Celsius for both cores. Is that a decent temperature for my laptop to be running at? Im not sure about the temperature of other components but as long as my cores arent over heating i should be fine shouldnt i?

I take it back i dont think that 42 is what my system runs at while playing TF2, ill double check to make sure later. But what Is a temperature that i should avoid? At what temperature should i be careful?

It's not 60~90C,
it's 60C for AM3 systems IIRC,
and 72C for Intel systems.

But 42C is a good temp.

If you had clicked the link i posted, it listed max operating temps for a bunch of different chips. Some were as low as 60 and others were as high as 90. It depends on the chip. But for simplicity's sake, i did just write the range.

If you had clicked the link i posted, it listed max operating temps for a bunch of different chips. Some were as low as 60 and others were as high as 90. It depends on the chip. But for simplicity's sake, i did just write the range.

Those are for old CPU's.
I'm talking about AM3 cpu's and 1156/1366 cpu's.

My intel core i5 loads at 58c when playing BC2 on medium settings. So i feel great about that, and just browsing the forums with no games, and just running steam/xfire/aim/msn loads at 35c which it is right now xD!

Looks like i need to get a need cooling pad. The one ive been using doesnt even blow air anymore even though the fan is spinning. Right now my GPU is at about 43 to 45 degrees Celsius. And both cores are at around 37 to 40 degrees Celsius. But if i throw my computer into quiet office mode it shuts the GPU off so it goes to 0 and the cores go down to a low 30. Anyone know of any good cooling pads? Preferably within the 20 to 30 dollar range.

Here is mine just for a reference,

cpu2.png

That's running Prime95 for about 30 minutes or so, and no serious overclock.

I probably should have posted the whole screenshot to prove it was at 100% load, but I assure you it was. Room temperature plays a huge role, which is why I keep it icy in here.

I Was told the maximum is at 115C and it would soo be a problem. So i'm guessing it can go to 90c without a problem But you most shut it down before it gets any worse and cool it down if you had your pc on all year in the summer.

Yea maybe good for idling and doing small things. But when I start a game up it can throw out a good bit of heat. So I want to try can keep it as cool as possible while gaming.

Man your fine, My phenom 9500 has got up to 70C when gaming and it still works fine. I then cleaned out the fans and whatnot then it cooled down again. The fans are ment to get rid of the hot air, if the hot air is on the outside its not in the inside so that's a good thing.

If you have any other concerns just get a can of compressed air and blow the fans out, that's all you really have to worry about.

Back