Off limits

NineFive

Poster
In a few maps we have off-limits areas (e.g. the valley on Sinjar and the village on Karam). The rules as I understand them are that Insurgents are never allowed into the valley on Sinjar, and the Marines are only allowed into the village on Karam when there is 1 minute left. A couple times a day, however, the attacking team will run out of reinforcements early and the defending team will try to mob the off-limits area. It's only natural, and I do my best to enforce the rules regarding off-limits areas.

So I understand what the rules are, but my question is, do we have any leeway in allowing people into off-limits areas when it is reasonable to assume that there is only one guy left and they are out of reinforcements and will not get emergencies? What about when he's camping with 5 minutes left and their whole team is begging the defense to come shoot him (this is the situation which just happened to me)?

Most of the time I agree with the rules, but occasionally it is more fair for everyone involved to break them. So can I have some clarification from the leadership, and opinions from the peanut gallery?

Thank you.

Jason

EGO Zealot
I think your asking is it ok for you to camp in a off limit area of the opposing team as the other 31 people in the server wait for you?

This happens on karam and sinjar all the time a guy might hide inside his spawn or near it and the only way to kill him is to come in to those "offlimit areas"

So should 1 guy hold up 31 others?

If the one guy is hiding or "camping" how can he capture a point and win the game? he can't so he is not being a team player so why should his team not want him dead?

Last edited:

gruta

I think your asking is it ok for you to camp in a off limit area of the opposing team as the other 31 people in the server wait for you?

This happens on karam and sinjar all the time a guy might hide inside his spawn or near it and the only way to kill him is to come in to those "offlimit areas"

So should 1 guy hold up 31 others?

If the one guy is hiding or "camping" how can he capture a point and win the game? he can't so he is not being a team player so why should his team not want him dead?
:cursing::chair::facewall: BAN THE CAMPER! BURN THE WITCH
jokes apart... what to do? nothing? :) just kill him with nades?