Need help removing a keylogger

blackhawksniper

EGO Is My Life!
=(eGO)=
I am worried that my computer has a keylogger. My email address sent out a mass email to all of my contacts with a phishing link in it. So far only my email on this single account has effected.

What programs/steps would be recommended for removing this unknown threat?

The Slayer

2007 was a great year.
I had that once: It was to check who blocked U from msn. and it sended to all my contacts. I just removed the mail and hoped nothing bad would happen to my email account. Nothing really happened. Can I ask u what happened?(example: U had an email from a friend, ... ) If it is a real thread, i would advise a virus scan and check your pc for malware. Hope this helps u.

~The Slayer

ShadowBlade72

Forum Addict
Run MalwareBytes
www.malwarebytes.org

Download ThreatFire. It will detect if there is a keylogger running on your system, even if it's one that isn't identified yet by any of the Malware/Antivirus vendors. It's a behavior based Malware scanner.
www.threatfire.com

Also get an antivirus and it should also detect if something is going on.
http://www.microsoft.com/securityessentials

And most obviously, once you have ran these, if nothing comes up then change your passwords for all your accounts.

frap

2007 was a great year.
Run MalwareBytes
www.malwarebytes.org

Download ThreatFire. It will detect if there is a keylogger running on your system, even if it's one that isn't identified yet by any of the Malware/Antivirus vendors. It's a behavior based Malware scanner.
www.threatfire.com

Also get an antivirus and it should also detect if something is going on.
http://www.microsoft.com/securityessentials

And most obviously, once you have ran these, if nothing comes up then change your passwords for all your accounts.
Yea I'd recommend all of those programs.
I was pretty sure I had a keylogger a while back, so I reinstalled windows, and changed all my passwords on another computer (doing it on the computer with the keylogger would just give the person viewing what you send to the keylogger all of your new passwords)