Connecting PS3 to Surround Sound?

Ric

Support Death Metal.
=(e)=
So, I suck in surround sound.
I have no idea what in the hell I am doing besides getting it tooked up and setting it to my TV.

I was wondering if it's possible to get Surround Sound on the PS3, as well?
I have my PS3 as HDMI due to my TV.
So, I don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

The exact name for it is "Durabrand 80-Watt Power handling 5.1 Home Theater Speaker System, HT-3917".

Darth

Website Legend
=(eGO)=
Don't you just plug in the red, yellow, blue/black wires into the different coloured slots?

Ric

Support Death Metal.
=(e)=
What?
No?
I don't know, LOL.
God, I feel like a dumbass here.

I dont have any of those wires, OK.
My surround sound only works with my television as of right now. If you're talking about the wires that enable the speakers, they are plugged in.
So Surround Sound only comes from my television.

How do I get my PS3 to have surround sound with all I use is the HDMI cord?

DragonD

The Division of None
Is your PS3 connected (via hdmi) directly to the TV? Or is the PS3 connected first to the surround sound receiver?

For example, my surround sound is my "hub". It has six HDMI pass-thru's, So I connect all my inputs to it (cable box, PS3, etc), then run IT to the TV (using a HDMI).

If you can't do it that way, you may need to run sound FROM the tv TO the surround sound. Your TV should have sound output connections (or extra HDMI) that you can connect to your stereo.

Also, make sure to turn the PS3 surround sound "option' on. It's under 'setup'.

Ric

Support Death Metal.
=(e)=
My pos doesn't even have HDMI hook ups.
And, how do I get to hook it to the TV?

It runs from the sub to my cable box, that's how my TV has surround sound. How do I get it to where I can gook it up the TV via RED/WHITE.YELLOW?

I originally tried that with no luck, but then I remembered that my box also has the RED.WHITE/YELLOW things, so I hooked it up to my box and voila, my TV has surround.

The only feature my sub supports are RED/WHITE/YELLOW, but my problem is I use the HDMI cord for my PS3. I got surround sound on everything else except for my PS3. My wii, PS2, xBox, ETC.

Sorry for the sloppy post and thanks for the help you two, I really appreciate it.

mattM_-

Famous Poster
Geek Squad bro.
NEVER!

Anyhow, you need the 3 prongs (Red, white, yellow) to be plugged into your surround sound hub and the other end needs to be the (im so lost for words on what you call the other video/audio input for the ps3) low def audio/video input., then reconfigure your sound settings on the XMB to get the sound from the non-HDMI port.. It's possible that your PS3 is still configured to get sound from your HDMI port.

Last edited: