Cod4SP steamlaunch

JayFlip

EGO Is My Life!
I bought the CoD war pack from the steam sale, and originally the cod4 single player launched just fine. Now, tonight, it says I must have the DVD-rom in order to launch it. Obviously, since it was bought through steam, I don't have a disc for the game. Is there a way to fix it? Perhaps reinstall? But if I reinstall, will I lose my profile, thus rank, etc?

The only thing I know that would have changed it would be downloading and installing of the patch, to try and eliminate a problem (re-update) that I posted before (it seems to have fixed the update problem).

Multiplayer still launches fine.

shadows5631

Poster Extraordinaire
Steam should have auto patched it right after it was installed. You can try verifying the games cache, it usually fixes a lot of things. Be sure to turn off Steam In game before playing as well, PB loves to kick for that.

[HoneyChicken]

Thread Junky
Re-installing the game shouldn't affect your online rank, as that should be saved to the server. So I wouldn't worry about that so much. Try re-installing it, and that should work it but I'm not sure. :D glad to help out