PC - For how much? Help

paquitox

Thread Junky
Lately I've been thinking of upgrading to a newer PC, yeah just thinking far from reality, but If I decided to sell my current PC and save some $$ to buy a new one, btw I build them my self, how much you guys think I should sell it for?

Here are the specs:

Processor:
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 OC @ 3.0GHz
Heatsink:
Zerotherm FZ120 Cooler
Memory:
4096MB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066MHz with Dual-path Heat Xchange
Hard Drive:
640GB Western Digital 7200rpm 16MB Cache SATA
Video Card:
BFG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB ( 655/1404/1125) Never been OC, those are factory setting, this is the Maxcore version

Motherboard:
EVGA nForce 780i, 3-way-SLI, PCI-E 2.0, DDR2, Intel FSB 1333
Computer Case:
Antec 900 Mod(whole thru the back to hide cables)

Power Supply:

OCZ 850 Game Xstream SLI ready

There's a pic on my sig, under MyRig.

I'm no expert, but that's a pretty decent rig, I just sold my old rig for $300 it was a duo core E8400 3.0ghz 4gb ram BFG 9600 and everything else is just stock on it.. I would think you could get ATLEAST $400-500 ? again no expert

500-550 max.
And when you sell it and want to build one, you can head on over to my thread. :D

500-550 max.
And when you sell it and want to build one, you can head on over to my thread. :D

Thx appreciated, but I already know what I want, not my first build!

Anyway this is just in case I do decide to sell it.

I just want it to know what a would be a good price to sell my current pc.

Last edited:
I'd say you could probably pick up closer to 700-800 for it if you sell it right.

Now, someone extremely tech savvy may think the price is too high, but say you provide tech support if there are issues for someone who doesn't know quite as much.
Also, you can't really price a computer on parts alone, since it is built and work put into building should be considered.

And while the computer is used, it is a good deal better than most desktops sold at retail stores. So craigslist could be an option if you can deal with the sketchiness of it all.

Thx appreciated, but I already know what I want, not my first build!

Anyway this is just in case I do decide to sell it.

I just want it to know what a would be a good price to sell my current pc.

You could still just run it by me, see if it gets my stamp of approval. :p

I'd say you could probably pick up closer to 700-800 for it if you sell it right.

Now, someone extremely tech savvy may think the price is too high, but say you provide tech support if there are issues for someone who doesn't know quite as much.
Also, you can't really price a computer on parts alone, since it is built and work put into building should be considered.

And while the computer is used, it is a good deal better than most desktops sold at retail stores. So craigslist could be an option if you can deal with the sketchiness of it all.

Why does everyone say that Craigslist is so sketchy? I've used it a few times, and I had no feelings of sketchiness. Hm. I must be insane, or insanely sane.

How about if i just sell:

mobo for $160

cpu for $140

ram for $80

and heatsink $35

what u guys think?

Last edited:
Back